RE: [rocknroll-scars] Pyramid

  • Terry
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
      Yes Pyramid had a big hit in Sydney (nationally?) with Can't wait for
      September. Three lead singers, influenced by Three Dog Night. Erl Dalby
      had a Big voice. I used to work for the same agency DME and we often did
      the same gigs as them. He was quite friendly with our keyboard player at
      the time. Erl Dalby is now a martial arts expert and lives up somewhere
      near Murwillumbah.

      From: Mike Griffiths

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
          Hi Ross
          Yeh...Jimmy squadrito had a solar panel business in the 1980's with my
          old keyboard player Steve Heard. Earl Dalby was originally in a band
          from wollongomg called Erl's Court. The way I heard it Cant wait for
          September was originally recorded by and as Erls Court but Dal Myles put
          Earl together with Cinnamon and Jimmy and George and the single came out
          as Pyramid. Anyone heard that ?

          Cheers
          Terry

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2004
            That is quite right Terry,but I may have confused you with the Cinamon mention.Cinamon's bass player was Roy Giles,who joined Cinamon straight from Pyramid.Cinamon had nothing to do with Earls Court,Pyramid or that great recording,unfortunately.I use the word unfortunate,because I was in Cinamon! More trivia....I replaced Mick Meehan ,who joined Flake ( when Billy Taylor left Flake).
            Roy replaced a guy called Phil McDonald,who'd been in Cinamon since they were with Dal Myles agency,but were called 'Magic Tree' ( terrible name! ) back then....and so the circle goe's!
            RW.