Re: [rocknroll-scars] Richard Clapton-live @ the basement.

  • Tony Jaggers
    Message 1 of 12 , May 31, 2004
      Thanks garry,
      Do you realise you are more effective than the whole of the ABCs publicity
      department.......
      Now if I can just stay awake.......
      TJ
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2004
        I'd already noticed this and was gonna mention it. Might have a 1 hr snooze
        to make sure I stay awake. The things we do as we age to get another rock
        'n' roll fix.
        Heard the new album today and the old boy's got another gem. Let's hope it
        translates into sales

        Mick

        > Thanks garry,
        > Do you realise you are more effective than the whole of the ABCs publicity
        > department.......
        > Now if I can just stay awake.......
        > TJ

      • Narrell Brown
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2004
          did anyone catch the show last night?
          Dark Side of hte Moon
          Pink Floyd
          very well put together

          --
          Narrell Brown
          *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
        • Ross Ward
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 1, 2004
            Agreed Narelle,and a very poignant comment from Dave at the end of it re 'wondering what it might have been like for someone listeneing to DSOTM in it's entirety for the first time',something DG never got to do,and it was also great to see the band acknowledge his very obvious Blues guitar edge....and G'day Garry Dalton!! Thanks for the heads-up re Richard's show tonite!
            Cheers,RW.
            From: Narrell Brown
            Subject: [rocknroll-scars] Classic albums on SBS

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 1, 2004
              yeah John and I both commented that there are so many bands who miss
              that experience when they are part of the making of it.

              Ross Ward wrote:

              >Agreed Narelle,and a very poignant comment from Dave at the end of it re 'wondering what it might have been like for someone listeneing to DSOTM in it's entirety for the first time',something DG never got to do

              --
              Narrell Brown
              *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
              Jaybee's Entertainment - check us out at
              http://www.jaybees.com.au
              *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
              Proudly running on a Mac - rejecting .exe files
              *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
              http://Muesli.blogspot.com/
              just the rantings of a frustrated writer
              *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
            • garry dalton
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 1, 2004
                Tony.

                Glad to be of service. Should I now apply for a job with the ABC as a publicist?

                Mick R. is dead right , Richard has produced another gem!!

                Garry.

                Tony Jaggers <ajaggs@...> wrote:Thanks garry,

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 1, 2004
                  Managed to stay awake and must say it was well worth the effort, A Gem
                  indeed judging by the new songs he played....and didn't Dickie look happy
                  and relaxed....Now unfortunately its all up to Radio

                  TJ
                  > Glad to be of service. Should I now apply for a job with the ABC as a
                  publicist?

                  > Mick R. is dead right , Richard has produced another gem!!
                  >
                  > Garry.
                  >

                  > Tony Jaggers <ajaggs@...> wrote:Thanks garry,
                  > Do you realise you are more effective than the whole of the ABCs publicity
                  > department.......
                  > Now if I can just stay awake.......
                  > TJ

                • M Robbins
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 1, 2004
                    Yeah me too. Hopefully with the resurgence of the singer/songwriter and the
                    success of the likes of Pete Murray, Alex Lloyd & Xavier Rudd out here, +
                    Jack Johnson & John Mayer O/S, Richard can find a little niche for himself
                    on Radio as the godfather of the Aussie breed.
                    And at least he has major label backing (Warner Music)

                    Mick

                  • Joe Murray
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 1, 2004
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 1, 2004
                        Ah joe,
                        It gladdens me old heart to hear from people who do know the truth!!

                        TJ
                        > > Glad to be of service. Should I now apply for a job with the ABC as a
                        > publicist?
                        >
                        > no, Salman Rushdie already has that job, he wanted a place where no-one
                        > would be able to find him or hear from him.
                        >
                        > Joe M.
                        >

                        > MILESAGO: Australasian music and popular culture 1964-1975
                        >
                        > http://www.milesago.com
                        > Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • Paul Close
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 2, 2004
                          Yep,
                          Caught it for the second time, always worth watching.

                          Paul