Re: Eddie Cochran box set from Bear Family

  • Tapio Väisänen
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 11, 2009
      I'm sure that this boxset is a must for everyone and I'm really eager
      to see the book.

      However there is nothing really new. Eight (?) tracks that haven't
      been reissued on CD before, but no doubt that EC collectors have
      those on vinyl. Ray Stanley's great "Over A Coke" is probably the
      only track that hasn't been reissued at all - as far as I know. Is
      stereo version of "Little Angel" (take 10 with strings overdub)
      available somewhere? If not, then it is new. Below is a listing which
      I made using the great eddiecochran.info website, all corrections are
      welcome. After the track listing there is a list of tracks that are
      not included on the boxset.

      CD 1:
      1. Gamblers Guitar ROCKSTAR RSRCD 011
      2. Candy Kisses ROCKSTAR RSRCD 011
      3. Hearts Of Stone ROCKSTAR RSRCD 011
      4. Steelin' The Blues ROCKSTAR RSRCD 011
      5. She Done Give Her Heart To Me ROCKSTAR RSRCD 011
      6. Live Fast, Love Hard, Die Young ROCKSTAR RSRCD 011
      7. Rockin' And Flyin'(version 1) (The Cochran Brothers) ROCKSTAR
      RSRCD 011
      8. Mr. Fiddle (The Cochran Brothers) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 008
      9. Two Blue Singing Stars (The Cochran Brothers) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 008
      10. Guilty Conscience (The Cochran Brothers) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 008
      11. Your Tomorrows Never Come (The Cochran Brothers) ROCKSTAR RSRCD
      008
      12. Latch On (version 1) (vocal: Hank Cochran) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 008
      13. My Love To Remember (version 1) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 008
      14. Heart Of A Fool (vocal: Jerry Capehart) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 008
      15. Latch On (version 2) (The Cochran Brothers) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 008
      16. Yesterdays Heartbreak ROCKSTAR RSRCD 008
      17. Pink-Peg Slacks (version 1) EMI CD ECB 1
      18. Tired And Sleepy (The Cochran Brothers) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 008
      19. Fools Paradise (The Cochran Brothers) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 008
      20. Slow Down (The Cochran Brothers) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 008
      21. Open The Door (The Cochran Brothers) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 008
      22. I'm Ready (vocal: Hank Cochran) EMI CD ECB 1
      23. Dark Lonely Street (version1, take 6) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 001
      24. Blue Suede Shoes EMI CD ECB 1
      25. Long Tall Sally EMI CD ECB 1
      26. Thats My Desire EMI CD ECB 1
      27. I Almost Lost My Mind EMI CD ECB 1
      28. Twenty Flight Rock (version 1) EMI CD ECB 1
      29. Completely Sweet (version 1) EMI CD ECB 1
      30. My Love To Remember (version 2, take 3) ROCKSTAR RSR-LP 1005, not
      available on CD
      31. Dark Lonely Street (version 2) ACE CDCH 237
      32. Pink-Peg Slacks (version 2) EMI CD ECB 1
      33. Half Loved (version 1) ACE CDCH 237
      34. My Love To Remember (version 3, take 9) ROCKSTAR RSR-LP 1019
      (UK), not available on CD
      35. Latch On (version 3) (vocal: Jerry Capehart) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 008

      CD 2:
      1. Skinny Jim EMI CD ECB 1
      2. Half loved (version 2, take 5) EMI CD ECB 1
      3. Jungle Jingle (instrumental) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 010
      4. Guitar Blues (instrumental) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 009
      5. Mighty Mean (demo) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 008
      6. Cotton Picker EMI EMI CD ECB 1
      7. Sittin' In The Balcony EMI CD ECB 1
      8. Mean When I'm Mad EMI CD ECB 1
      9. One Kiss EMI CD ECB 1
      10. Am I Blue EMI CD ECB 1
      11. Cradle Baby EMI CD ECB 1
      12. Drive In Show EMI CD ECB 1
      13. Proud Of You EMI CD ECB 1
      14. Undying love EMI CD ECB 1
      15. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You EMI CD ECB 1
      16. I'm Alone Because I Love You EMI CD ECB 1
      17. Completely Sweet (version 2) EMI CD ECB 1
      18. Twenty Flight Rock (version 2) EMI CD ECB 1
      19. Stockin's And Shoes EMI CD ECB 1
      20. Lovin Time EMI CD ECB 1
      21. Tell Me why EMI CD ECB 1
      22. Never EMI CD ECB 1
      23. Sweetie Pie EMI CD ECB 1
      24. Pocket Full Of Hearts EMI CD ECB 1
      25. Pretty Girl EMI CD ECB 1
      26. Jeannie Jeannie Jeannie SEECD 271
      27. Little Lou EMI CD ECB 1
      28. Theresa EMI CD ECB 1
      29. Teenage Cutie EMI CD ECB 1
      30. Summertime Blues SEECD 271
      31. Ah, Pretty Girl (single version with overdubbed guitar solo)
      LIBERTY 45 10.032 (NED), if this is mono, then this has not been
      reissued before
      32. Lonely EMI CD ECB 1
      33. Love Again EMI CD ECB 1
      34. Meet Mr Tweedy (instrumental) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 009
      35. Nervous Breakdown (version 1) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 010

      CD 3:
      1. One Minute To One ROCKSTAR RSRCD 010
      2. Cruisin' The Drive-In ROCKSTAR RSRCD 009
      3. Nervous Breakdown (version 2) CD ECB 1
      4. Lets Get Together EMI CD ECB 1
      5. Dont Ever Let Me Go EMI CD ECB 1
      6. C'mon Everybody (single version speeded up) EMI CD ECB 1
      7. I've Waited So Long EMI CD ECB 1
      8. Teenage Heaven (movie version) EMI CD ECB 1
      9. I Remember EMI CD ECB 1
      10. My Way EMI CD ECB 1
      11. Rock'n' Roll Blues EMI CD ECB 1
      12. Teenage Heaven (version 2) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 026
      13. Three Stars EMI CD ECB 1
      14. Weekend EMI CD ECB 1
      15. Think Of Me (UK single 'erase' version) EMI CD ECB 1
      16. Three Steps To Heaven (version 1, take 9) EMI CD ECB 1
      17. Somethin' Else EMI CD ECB 1
      18. Boll Weevil Song (take 1, speeded up) EMI CD ECB 1
      19. Guybo (instrumental/LP version) EMI CD ECB 1
      20. Eddies Blues (instrumental) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 003
      21. Milk Cow Blues (take 3) EMI CDP 592809
      22. Chicken Shot Blues (instrumental) EMI CD ECB 1
      23. Strollin' Guitar (instrumental) EMI CD ECB 1
      24. My Love To Remember (version 5, take 10)
      25. Little Angel (take 10 with chorus overdub) EMI CD ECB 1
      26. Hallelujah! I Love Her So (take 11 with strings) EMI 7243 5 33631
      2 3 ??
      27. Hammy Blues (instrumental) EMI CD ECB 1
      28. Jam Sand-Witch (instrumental) EMI CD ECB 1
      29. Jelly Bean (take 10) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 003
      30. Don't Bye Bye Baby Me (with Train and handclap overdub) ROCKSTAR
      RSRCD 014
      31. Song Of new Orleans (instrumental) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 014
      32. Three Steps To Heaven EMI CD ECB 1
      33. Cut Across Shorty (speeded up) EMI CD ECB 1
      34. Cherished Memories EMI CD ECB 1

      CD 4:
      1. Summertime Blues (UK single release without echo) EMI CD ECB 1
      2. C´mon Everybody (correct speed/without guitar overdub) ROCKSTAR
      RSRCD 026
      3. Somethin´ Else (take 14, no fade version) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 026
      4. Think Of Me ('stop' version) LIBERTY EN 26 0532 3, not available
      on CD
      5. Ah, Pretty Girl (LP version/alternate chorus and vocal) MAM
      101/3930537
      6. Pretty Girl (UK single version, clipped intro/compressed) ROCKSTAR
      RSRCD 026
      7. Nervous Breakdown (no overdubs) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 026
      8. Don´t Bye, Bye Baby Me (take 4, with handclaps) ROCKSTAR RSR-LP
      1021, not available on CD
      9. Cut Across Shorty (correct speed) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 026
      10. Hallelujah! I Love Her So (without strings) EMI CD ECB 1 ?
      11. Little Angel (take 10 without overdubs) EMI E2-80240
      12. Boll Weevil Song (correct speed) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 026
      13. Skinny Jim (piano overdub) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 026
      14. Half Loved (piano overdub) MAGIC 3930592
      15. Pink-Peg Slacks (overdubbed version) SEECD 271
      16. Think Of Me (LP 'stop' version/overdubbed with celeste) MAGIC
      3930587
      17. Blue Suede Shoes (overdubbed version) EMI 7-80240-2 6
      18. Long Tall Sally (overdubbed version) EMI 7-80240-2 6
      19. That´s My Desire (overdubbed version) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 026
      20. I Almost Lost My Mind (overdubbed version) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 026
      21. Love Again (overdubbed version) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 026
      22. Lonely (overdubbed version) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 026
      23. Little Angel (take 10 with overdubs) EMI E2-80240
      24. Think Of Me (alt. version with female chorus) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 026

      CD 5:
      1. Cherished Memories (take 6, stereo) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 026
      2. Three Steps To Heaven (version 2, take 5, stereo) ROCKSTAR RSRCD
      026
      3. Cut Across Shorty (take 11, stereo) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 026
      4. Cherished Memories (take 14, stereo) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 026
      5. Pretty Girl (2-track version) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 026
      6. I´ve Waited So Long (stereo) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 026
      7. Jeannie, Jeannie, Jeannie (without guitar overdub, stereo)
      ROCKSTAR RSRCD 026
      8. Ah, Pretty Girl (with overdubbed guitar solo, stereo) ROCKSTAR
      RSRCD 026
      9. Little Angel (take 10 with chorus overdub, stereo) ROCKSTAR RSRCD
      026
      10. Hallelujah! I Love Her So (stereo) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 026
      11. Little Angel (take 10 with strings overdub, stereo) ??
      12. Weekend (take 13A, stereo) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 026
      13. Pretty Girl (3-track version, alternate vocal overdub) ROCKSTAR
      RSRCD 026
      FREEMAN HOVER INTERVIEWS RECORDED 2ND NOVEMBER 1957, ALBANY HOTEL,
      DENVER, CO:
      14. Eddie´s LA 'Big Sound' Radio promo ROCKSTAR RSRCD 008
      15. Interview with Eddie Cochran Pt. 1 ROCKSTAR RSRCD 008
      16. Interview with Eddie Cochran Pt. 2 ROCKSTAR RSRCD 008
      17. Interview with Buddy Holly, Jerry Allison ROCKSTAR RSRCD 008
      18. Eddie Cochran & Connie 'Guybo' Smith ROCKSTAR RSRCD 008
      19. Freeman introduces Eddie's KCSR radio promo ROCKSTAR RSRCD 008
      AMPOL RADIO SHOW - TRANSMISSION 11TH OCT 1957, SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA:
      20. Compere Jack Davey interviews Eddie Cochran ROCKSTAR RSRCD 022
      21. Whole Lotta Shakin´ Goin´ On ROCKSTAR RSRCD 022
      22. Compere Jack Davey interviews Eddie Cochran ROCKSTAR RSRCD 022
      STUDIO PARTY TV SHOW, EABD - TV CHANNEL 5 BROADCAST LATE 1957:
      23. Introduction by Herb Sheldon
      24. Sittin´ In The Balcony (live) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 008
      25. Twenty-Flight Rock (live) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 008

      CD 6:
      TOWN HALL PARTY TV SHOW - TRANSMISSION FEBRUARY 7, 1959:
      1. Introduction by Jay Stewart ROCKSTAR RSRCD 016
      2. Instrumental (by the band) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 016
      3. Dick D´Agostin welcomes Eddie to the show ROCKSTAR RSRCD 016
      4. C´mon Everybody ROCKSTAR RSRCD 016
      5. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You ROCKSTAR RSRCD 016
      6. Don´t Blame It On Me ROCKSTAR RSRCD 016
      7. Summertime Blues ROCKSTAR RSRCD 016
      8. Johnny Bond interviews Eddie & band members ROCKSTAR RSRCD 016
      9. Introduction by Jay Stewart (2nd performance) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 016
      10. Night Walk (instrumental by the band) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 016
      11. Dick D´Agostin welcomes Eddie back to the show ROCKSTAR RSRCD 016
      12. School Day ROCKSTAR RSRCD 016
      13. Be Honest With Me ROCKSTAR RSRCD 016
      14. Money Honey ROCKSTAR RSRCD 016
      15. C´mon Everybody ROCKSTAR RSRCD 016
      BOY MEETS GIRLS TV SHOW - TRANSMISSION JANUARY 16T, 1960:
      16. Introduction by Marty Wilde ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018
      17. Hallelujah! I Love Her So ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018
      18. C´mon Everybody ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018
      19. Somethin´ Else ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018
      20. Interview with Eddie Cochran U. ARTISTS UAS 29163
      21. Twenty-Flight Rock ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018
      BOY MEETS GIRLS TV SHOW - TRANSMISSION JANUARY 23, 1960:
      22. Introduction by Marty Wilde ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018
      23. Money Honey ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018
      24. Have I Told You Lately That I Love You ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018
      25. Hallelujah! I Love Her So ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018
      26. Closing Announcement ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018
      BOY MEETS GIRLS TV SHOW - TRANSMISSION FEBRUARY 20, 1960:
      27. Summertime Blues ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018
      28. Milk Cow Blues ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018
      BOY MEETS GIRLS TV SHOW - TRANSMISSION FEBRUARY 27, 1960:
      29. Introduction & interview with Eddie Cochran
      30. I Don´t Like You No More ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018
      31. Sweet Little Sixteen ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018
      32. Introduction by Marty Wilde ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018
      33. White Lightnin´ (with Gene Vincent) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018
      SATURDAY CLUB RADIO SHOW - TRANSMISSION MARCH 5, 1960:
      34. Theme & introduction
      35. Interview with two of Eddie´s fans
      36. Somethin´ Else ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018
      37. Hallelujah! I Love Her So ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018
      38. Twenty-Flight Rock ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018
      39. C´mon Everybody ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018
      SATURDAY CLUB RADIO SHOW - TRANSMISSION MARCH 12, 1960:
      40. My Heart (vocal: Gene Vincent) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018
      41. What´d I Say ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018
      42. Interview ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018
      43. Milk Cow Blues ROCKSTAR RSRCD 018

      CD 7:
      SKEETS McDONALD
      1. You Oughta See Grandma Rock EMI CD ECB 1
      2. Heartbreakin´ Mama EMI CD ECB 1
      WYNN STEWART
      3. The Keeper Of The Key EMI CD ECB 1
      4. Slowly But Surely EMI CD ECB 1
      TOM FORSE
      5. They Call You A Small Fry STAMPEDE SPRCD 5002
      BO DAVIS
      6. Let´s Coast Awhile EMI CD ECB 1
      7. Drowning All My Sorrows ROCKSTAR RSRCD 001
      JACK LEWIS
      8. I.O.U. ROCKSTAR RSRCD 009
      9. Tood-A-Loo ACE CDCHD 768
      RAY STANLEY
      10. Over A Coke ARGO 5280, not available on CD
      11. My Lovin´ Baby ROCKSTAR RSRCD 009
      THE HOLLY TWINS
      12. I Want Elvis For Christmas EMI CD ECB 1
      BOB DENTON
      13. Sick And Tired ROCKSTAR RSRCD 009
      14. Pretty Little Devil ROCKSTAR RSRCD 009
      15. Thinkin´ About You ROCKSTAR RSRCD 009
      LEE DENSON
      16. New Shoes HYDRA BCK 27115
      AL CASEY
      17. Willa Mae EMI CD ECB 1
      GENE VINCENT
      18. Git It BEAR FAMILY BCD16257HL
      TROYCE KEY
      19. Baby Please Don´t Go Cruisin' LP 58344 / BOP-CD010
      20. Watch Your Mouth Cruisin' LP 58344 / BOP-CD004
      BOB LUMAN
      21. Guitar Picker ROCKSTAR RSRCD 009
      THE FOUR DOTS
      22. Don´t Wake Up The Kids EMI CD ECB 1
      23. If I Were Dying ROCKSTAR RSRCD 003
      24. Bread Fred ROCKSTAR RSRCD 003
      JOHNNY BURNETTE
      25. Me And The Bear BEAR FAMILY BCD 16438 IL
      BAKER KNIGHT
      26. Just Relax BCD 15971 AR
      DARRY WEAVER
      27. Itty Bitty Betty ROCKSTAR RSRCD 003
      THE CAST OF BOY MEETS GIRLS TV SHOW
      28. My Babe ROCKSTAR RSRCD 030

      CD 8:
      1. Teenage Cutie (take 1, false start) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 026
      2. Teenage Cutie (take 2) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 026
      3. Teenage Cutie (take 3, break-up) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 026
      4. Teenage Cutie (take 4) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 026
      5. Dark Lonely Street (take 1) ACE CDCH 237
      6. Dark Lonely Street (take 2) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 010
      7. Dark Lonely Street (take 3) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 014
      8. Dark Lonely Street (take 4, false start) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 003
      9. Dark Lonely Street (take 5) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 003
      10. My Love To Remember (version 2, take 2) ACE CDCH 237
      11. My Love To Remember (version 3, take 5) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 014
      12. My Love To Remember (version 3, take 6, false start) ROCKSTAR
      RSRCD 003
      13. My Love To Remember (version 3, take 7) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 003
      14. My Love To Remember (version 4) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 009
      15. Half Loved (version 2, take 2) Musidisc/DCA 108292
      16. Half Loved (version 2, take 3, false start) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 003
      17. Half Loved (version 2, take 4) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 003
      18. Milk Cow Blues (rehearsal) EMI CD ECB 1
      19. Milk Cow Blues (take 1) EMI CD ECB 1
      20. Milk Cow Blues (take 2, false start) EMI CD ECB 1
      21. Little Angel (take 1) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 010
      22. Little Angel (take 3) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 014
      23. Little Angel (take 5, false start) EMI CD ECB 1
      24. Little Angel (take 6, false start) EMI CD ECB 1
      25. Little Angel (take 9) ROCKSTAR RSR-LP 1021, not available on CD
      26. My Love To Remember (version 5, take 1) EMI CD ECB 1
      27. My Love To Remember (version 5, take 2) EMI CD ECB 1
      28. My Love To Remember (version 5, take 3) EMI CD ECB 1
      29. Jelly Bean (take 1) EMI CD ECB 1
      30. Jelly Bean (take 2, false start) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 003
      31. Jelly Bean (take 3) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 010
      32. Jelly Bean (take 4, false start) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 001
      33. Jelly Bean (take 5) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 001
      34. Jelly Bean (take 8, long false start) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 003
      35. Jelly Bean (take 9, false start) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 003
      36. Don´t Bye, Bye Baby Me (take 1) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 010
      37. Don´t Bye, Bye Baby Me (take 2, false start) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 003
      38. Don´t Bye, Bye Baby Me (take 3) ROCKSTAR RSR-LP 1019, not
      available on CD
      39. Don´t Bye, Bye Baby Me (take 4) ROCKSTAR RSRCD 003

      END-OF-TRACK-LISTING

      Quick look at the track listing and it seems that at least following
      songs are missing from the boxset. There's enough material for
      another box, like Vincent out-takes.

      Fourth Man Theme Eddie Cochran
      String Fever Eddie Cochran
      Instrumental Blues Eddie Cochran
      Nice 'n' Easy Eddie Cochran
      Have An Apple Dearie Eddie Cochran
      Rain Eddie Cochran
      Cotton Picker (movie version) Eddie Cochran
      Shotgun Wedding Theme Eddie Cochran
      Country Jam Eddie Cochran
      Guybo (version 2) a.k.a. "Drum City" Eddie Cochran
      The Scream Eddie Cochran (Eddie is not on this, it's Glen Campbell
      playing on Oliver Cool 45, but it appeared on Eddie Cochran "The
      Legendary" LP).
      C'mon Everybody from 'Parade of Pops'
      Hallelujah! I Love Her So (short clip) from Feb 20, 1960
      Twenty Flight Rock (short clip) from Feb 20, 1960

      Jelly Bean The Tigers
      Don't Bye Bye Baby Me The Tigers

      Drown In My Tears Troyce Key

      Fast Jivin' Ernie Freeman Combo

      Country Rockin' & Flyin' Buddy Dee

      Quick Like Elroy Peace & The Bow Ribbons

      Did You Ever The Kelly Four
      So Fine, Be Mine The Kelly Four
      Annie Has A Party The Kelly Four

      Pushin' Ray Stanley
      Love Charms Ray Stanley
      Equator Ray Stanley
      Half Loved Ray Stanley
      Kiss & Make Up Ray Stanley
      Let's Get Acquainted (demo) Ray Stanley (unissued)
      Common Sense (demo) Ray Stanley (unissued)

      I Wanna Know Eddie Daniels takes 1-8
      Uh Oh Little Girl Eddie Daniels takes 1-7
      Doing The Hully Gully Jewel Akens & EddieDaniels
      Opportunity Jewel Akens & Eddie Daniels
      Who Can I Count On Jewel Akens & Eddie Daniels

      Someone To Love Me Jack Lewis
      Butterscotch Candy & Strawberry Pie Jack Lewis

      Show Down Loy Clingman

      Scratchin' Jerry Neal
      I Hates Rabbits Jerry Neal
      Walkin' Stick Boogie Jerry Capehart
      Rollin' Jerry Capehart
      That's What It Takes To Make A Man Jerry Capehart
      This Must Be The Place Jerry Capehart
      Livin' This Life Jerry Capehart
      Too Often Jerry Capehart
      Closer, Closer, Closer Jerry Capehart & The Cochran Brothers
      My Honest Name Jerry Capehart (unissued)

      Lovin' I'm Wastin' Darry Weaver
      Bad Baby Doll Lovin' Darry Weaver
      - some other unissued home recordings exist?

      Ballad Of The One Eyed Jacks Johnny Burnette
      Just Keep On Going Johnny Burnette
      Blue School Days Johnny Burnette
      Just A Memory Johnny Burnette
      You're Cheatin' On Me Johnny Burnette
      Remember Johnny Burnette (unissued & lost?)
      Dutchman's Gold Johnny Burnette (unissued & lost?)
      The Table Johnny Burnette (unissued & lost?)

      A Healer Like Time Hank Cochran

      How'dja Do Sherman Scott

      Sarah Lee Bob Orrison

      It Happened To Me Buddy Lowe (2 versions)

      Should I Mike Clifford with Patience & Prudence
      I'm Afraid To Say I Love You Mike Clifford

      Spilled Milk Jay Johnston
      Walk A Dog Jay Johnston

      The Willies Barry Martin
      Minnie The Moocher Barry Martin

      I Can't Let You Go John Ashley
      Born To Rock John Ashley
      Don't Let Them Tear Us Apart John Ashley
      Mean Mean Woman John Ashley
      Annie Laurie John Ashley
      Hit And Run Lover John Ashley
      Seriously In Love John Ashley & Voices of Allah (=The Four Dots)
      I Want To Hear It From You John Ashley & Voices of Allah (=The Four
      Dots)

      Take My Hand (I'm Lonely) The Four Dots takes 1-9
      Fontella The Four Dots takes 1-6
      Fontella The Four Dots version 2 takes 1-7
      It's Heaven The Four Dots takes 1-3
      My Baby She Loves Me The Four Dots takes 1-14
      Once More The Four Dots takes 1-17
      Hide And Go Seek The Four Dots takes 1-6
      Pleading For Your Love The Four Dots

      Teenage Partner Gene Vincent
      Peace Of Mind Gene Vincent
      Lovely Loretta Gene Vincent
      Somebody Help Me Gene Vincent
      Five Feet Of Lovin' (version 2) Gene Vincent
      The Wayward Wind Gene Vincent
      Now Is The Hour Gene Vincent
      Say Mama (live) Gene Vincent
      Summertime (live) Gene Vincent
      Be-Bop-A-Lula (live) Gene Vincent
      Rocky Road Blues (live) Gene Vincent
      Wildcat (live) Gene Vincent
      My Heart (live) Gene Vincent
      Dance In The Street (live) Gene Vincent

      Cryin' In One Eye Don Deal
      Broken-Hearted Feller Don Deal
      Don't Push Don Deal
      My Blind Date Don Deal
      The High Sign Don Deal
      Down The Road To Nowhere Don Deal
      It Could Only Be Wrong Don Deal
      Love Me Sweetheart Don Deal
      Let's Get It Over Right Now Don Deal
      I Don't Want To But I Do Don Deal
      When You Hear A Saviour Call Don Deal
      Don't Ask Me Why Don Deal

      Down Down Down Hank Hammer
      Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk Hank Hammer
      Mountains And Mountains Of Lies Hank Hammer
      I Wouldn't Take A Million For Your Love Hank Hammer

      I'm Gonna Tell Your Conscience On You Tom Forse

      Someone To Love Me Paula Morgan
      I Hang My Head And Cry Paula Morgan
      Only A Fool Paula Morgan

      What Ya Gonna Do Galen Denny
      Gonna Build A Rocket Galen Denny

      Salamander Mamie van Doren
      Go Go Calypso Mamie van Doren
      Oo Ba La Baby Mamie van Doren
      Rollin' Stone Mamie van Doren

      On My Mind Again Bob Denton
      Always Late Bob Denton
      24-Hour Night Bob Denton
      Love Me So I'll Know Bob Denton
      I'm Sending You This Record Bob Denton
      That's Alright Mama Bob Denton
      It's Nothing To Me Bob Denton (Dot unissued)
      Your Love Dorsey Burnette
      Lonely Train Dorsey Burnette
      Way In The Middle Of The Night Dorsey Burnette
      Misery Dorsey Burnette

      The Tender Age Holly Twins

      Honey Honey Darla Daret

      I'm Confessin' June Cochran
      I Dream Of You June Cochran

      Ting-A-Ling Telephone Yvonne Lime

      Big Door Gene Brown

      Borrowed Love Lynn Marshall (2 versions)
      You'll Find Out Lynn Marshall (2 versions)

      Every Dog Has His Day - Jess Willard
      Don't Hold Her So Close - Jess Willard

      Meet Me At Joes - Riley Crabtree
      Don't Turn Away From Me - Riley Crabtree

      Pistol Packin' Mama - Al Dexter
      I Won't Be Number Two - Al Dexter

      Love's Dream Larry O'Keefe
      Ain't-A That Something Larry O'Keefe

      He's Graduating Carol Palmer

      A Million Teardrops Billy Beasley / John T. Webster, III & Anna

      High Hopes Sharon Sheeley & Eddie Cochran

      Beaulah Lee Jody Reynolds

      Go Out And Buy Yourself A Hat The Huskies

      Lipstick The Playthings
      Sittin' The Playthings

      One Sweet Tomorrow Al Perkins Lee (unissued)

      Farewell, My Bluebell Gary Williams
      Dallas County Jail BLues (v 1) Gary Williams
      T.B. Blues Instrumental Gary Williams
      Dallas County Jail Blues (v 2) Gary Williams
      Dobro Breaks Instrumental Gary Williams
      Guitar Boogie In High Gary Williams

      Boogie Woogie Breakdown Gary Lambert
      Tea For Two Gary Lambert
      Dixie Gary Lambert
      Jersey Bounce Gary Lambert
      T.D.'s Boogie Gary Lambert
      Rock Around The Clock Gary Lambert
      Memphis Blues Gary Lambert
      Rock-A-Bye Boogie Gary Lambert
      Elmer's Tune Gary Lambert
      Bye Bye Blues Gary Lambert
      Steel Guitar Rag Gary Lambert
      High Rocking Swing Gary Lambert
      St. Louis Blues Gary Lambert
      Jazz Me Blues Gary Lambert
      Wabash Blues Gary Lambert
      Birth Of The Blues Gary Lambert
      Til I Waltz Again With You Gary Lambert
      Blue Steel Blues Gary Lambert
      Panhandle Rag Gary Lambert
      Gary's Tune Gary Lambert
      Guitar Boogie in High Gary Lambert (unissued)
      + 18 other instrumentals

      Patent Pending Austin Brothers?
      Pedal-Pushin' Baby Austin Brothers?

      Little Angel - unidentified singer (Dick Banks?)

      Remington Ride Eddie Cochran & Carl West

      Rockin' It - Instrumental - Eddie Cochran & Chuck Foreman
      Jammin' With Jimmy - Instrumental - Eddie Cochran & Chuck Foreman
      Tenderly - Eddie Cochran & Chuck Foreman
      Two Of A Kind - Instrumental - Eddie Cochran & Chuck Foreman
      Stardust - Instrumental - Eddie Cochran & Chuck Foreman
      Chuck & Eddie's Boogie - Instrumental - Eddie Cochran & Chuck Foreman
      In The Mood - Instrumental - Eddie Cochran & Chuck Foreman
      I'll See You In My Dreams - Instrum. - Eddie Cochran & Chuck Foreman
      Cannonball Rag - Instrumental - Eddie Cochran & Chuck Foreman
      Blue Gypsy - Instrumental - Eddie Cochran
      The Poor People Of Paris - Instrum. - Eddie Cochran
      Water Baby Blues (short riff) - Instrumental - Eddie Cochran
      Stardust (backing track) - Instrumental - Eddie Cochran
      Two Of A Kind (backing track) - Instrumental - Eddie Cochran
      Humourous Conversation Eddie Cochran & Chuck Foreman

      I'm not sure if all interviews & jingles are included. Eddie probably
      played also on some other records by Don Deal, The Tigers, Lee Ross,
      Joe & Juma, Danny Andrew, Margie Rayburn, G-Notes, Georgettes, Willie
      Nelson, Fred Carter and Wayne Walker. There are also many outtakes
      that have been released by Rockstar, but have not been included on
      this boxset.

      - Tapio
    • Mark Lee Allen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 11, 2009
        Yes I agree there's little new on there, But I'm hoping there will be
        a further set? with more goodies, The reason I will buy it is for the
        book as I'm sure that will be stunning!

        I must admit If I were to have had a say in it I would have made a box
        of just Eddie & a 2nd Box called Something like "Session man" with all
        there stuff he played on, God knows there was enough!

        --- In rockinrecords@yahoogroups.com, Tapio Väisänen <tapiov@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > In The Mood - Instrumental - Eddie Cochran & Chuck Foreman
        > I'll See You In My Dreams - Instrum. - Eddie Cochran & Chuck Foreman
        > Cannonball Rag - Instrumental - Eddie Cochran & Chuck Foreman
        > Blue Gypsy - Instrumental - Eddie Cochran
        > The Poor People Of Paris - Instrum. - Eddie Cochran
        > Water Baby Blues (short riff) - Instrumental - Eddie Cochran
        > Stardust (backing track) - Instrumental - Eddie Cochran
        > Two Of A Kind (backing track) - Instrumental - Eddie Cochran
        > Humourous Conversation Eddie Cochran & Chuck Foreman
        >
        > I'm not sure if all interviews & jingles are included. Eddie probably
        > played also on some other records by Don Deal, The Tigers, Lee Ross,
        > Joe & Juma, Danny Andrew, Margie Rayburn, G-Notes, Georgettes, Willie
        > Nelson, Fred Carter and Wayne Walker. There are also many outtakes
        > that have been released by Rockstar, but have not been included on

      • Dan Buie
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 11, 2009
          Sir ...

          That is a very comprehensive compilation on Eddi. We, Roy Head and The Traits, played with Eddie in Dallas, TX. I think it was 1959.

          It just so happens that I put up the original simi-RARE 45 on Liberty Records F-55203 today of "Somethin' Else" and "Boll Weevil Song." This is one of 20 such records I put up today on ebay. My Ebay ID is wilderness5 should anyone be interested.

          Thank you for your contribution of preserving the music of Eddie Cochran.

          Best ... Dan

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 12, 2009
            Fabulous listings Tapio.

            Most of us already have everything in the box set. Hope it sells well
            though because then we can light a fire under Richard's ass to put out
            a 2nd box with everything you listed Tapio. By far that would be more
            interesting (for the music alone) than the current one ... even if the
            next one has no book at all. I have virtually none of the stuff you
            listed as not in this box set so I'd be very interested if BF decides
            to take a chance and put out a 2nd box set.

            Derek