Re: Responses to the EMAIL!

  • trudiferguson
    Message 1 of 41 , Nov 1, 2008
      Patrick Swayze lived in Simi most his life, his mother lives at the
      top of my street still.

      I just got this from a friend of mine in church, named Dee Gerber:
      My husband to Melanoma cancer, my next-door neighbor to a liquid brain
      tumor, my husband's worker to lung cancer (he did smoke), Bishop Toone
      had melanoma in his leg but they caught it in time, Dean Thompson Sr.
      to cancer, Donna Crosier in SS Ist ward had a brain tumor-lived, and
      Carol Meyers (remarried) 1st husband died of cancer but it was over
      twenty years ago.All these people lived in the same vicinity. There's
      a woman in Simi 3rd ward that had about five kids and babysat-lived
      with her parents. Her mom died of cancer, not sure about her dad
      (she's my age). I know at least two women at school who's husband's
      died of cancer. If I think of more I'll let you know.

      I dont have any details of these people but I suspect everyone here in
      Simi will know lots of people. I can think of about 25 more, whom I
      worked with in the Cancer Support group that my parents belongs to,
      but I dont know their details:

      Dan Lomax- counselor of work experience at Simi High School in the
      70-80 died recently from a long battle with cancer.
      Pauline Brennen - pancreatic cancer, lived most of her life on
      Sycamore and Hudspeth. Dies at age 60
      AJ HALL, young man of 30 something, glioblastoma brain tumor, leaving
      behind his young wife and a 2 year old, grew up in Simi, played
      harmonica with Loggins and Messina.

      Cherie Lynnae

      --- In rocketdynemeltdown@yahoogroups.com, "trudiferguson"
      <trudiferguson@...> wrote:

      > As of October 23, 2008, I sent out an EMAIL reaching out and asking
      > others to respond if their life was impacted by the contamination.
      > Here is the origional EMAIL.
      >
      > THE PUBLIC DESERVES TO KNOW THE TRUTH!!
      >
      > Started: 10/22/2008
      > IS ANYONE OUT THERE TALKING ABOUT THIS OR AFFECTED BY THIS?
      >
      > WE LEARNED OF THIS NEWS IN THE SPRING OF 2007.
      >
      > WE LIVED IN SANTA SUSANA, SIMI, CANOGA PARK, CHATSWORTH, AND SAN
      > FERNANDO VALLEY, CALIFORNIA, FROM 1959 TO PRESENT.
      >
      > SUBJECT
      >
      > Study Says Lab Meltdown Caused Cancer
      > Scientists say details about the 1959 accident near Simi Valley
      > continue to be withheld. Other contamination at the site is much
      > clearer.
      > October 6, 2006.
      > Radioactive emissions from a 1959 nuclear accident at a research lab
      > near Simi Valley appear to have been much greater than previously
      > suspected and could have resulted in hundreds of cancers in
      > surrounding communities, according to a study released Thursday.
      > Chemical contamination from rocket engine testing at the site
      > continues to threaten soil and groundwater in the area around
      > Rocketdyne's Santa Susana Field Laboratory, the study also found.
      >
      > PURPOSE
      > The purpose of this email is to reach out to others and to
      > memorialize the people who died prematurely because of exposure to
      > radiation and ultra hazardous chemicals. If you lived in the Simi
      > Valley or San Fernando Valley during or after the 1959 MELTDOWN, you
      > may have been exposed to RADIATION! The Agency for Toxic Substances
      > and Disease Registry and CDC contracted with Eastern Research Group
      > to have UCLA complete a study of health issues from 1988-2002. If
      you
      > had moved out of the area you were NOT included in that study!
      > The following is a list of people that:
      > 1. LIVED IN SANTA SUSANA, SIMI, CHATSWORTH, CANOGA PARK, WEST
      > HILLS,
      > AND THE SAN FERNANDO VALLEY FROM 1958 TO PRESENT.
      > 2. DIED OF CANCER, CARDIO, CARDIAC, ORGAN FAILURE, PREMATURE
      > AGING, THYROID ILLNESS, STILL BORNS, SEVERE BIRTH DEFECTS, OR ANY
      > OTHER RARE HEALTH CONDITIONS LINKED TO THE CHEMICALS AND RADIATION.
      >
      > INSTRUCTIONS
      > ADD THE PERSON THAT DIED TO THIS LIST, AND SEND THIS ON TO ANYONE
      AND
      > EVERYONE THAT LIVED IN THESE AREAS.
      > SEND A COPY BACK TO SENDER (goleonda@...)
      > THIS IS A LIST OF OUR LOVED ONES, THEIR LIVE'S WERE CUT SHORT. WE
      > WANT TO KNOW IF THERE ARE OTHERS OUT THERE IMPACTED BY THIS. THE
      > PUBLIC DESERVES TO KNOW, OUR CHILDREN DESERVE TO KNOW!
      >
      > Please visit our Group at,
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rocketdynemeltdown/
      >

      > DEDICATED TO THE PEOPLE WE LOVED!
      >
      > Lonnie Odell Carlton 1919-1989 Cancer Larynx, Lymphoma,
      Skin
      > Rita Marie Carlton 1917-1995
      Hypothyroid,Osteoporosis,Lung
      > Michael Randy Carlton 1946-2006 Cardio Vascular Failure
      > Patrick Lee Carlton 1949-2005 Cancer Melanoma
      > Robert D. Yager 1915-1995 Cardiac Arrest
      > Alma Jean Bolger 1929-1987 Cancer Tongue
      > John Lee Ferguson Sr. 1923-1985 Cardio Vascular Failure
      > Ruby Evelyn Ferguson 1923-2000 Cancer Lung, Cardio
      > Winnie Jane Ellis Greenwood 1888-1972 Cancer Throat
      > Michael Lovitt 1952-2006 Liver and Kidney Failure
      > Toby Alvis 1949-2001 Cancer Breast
      > Deborah Hampton Carlton 1950-2008 Cardiac Arrest
      > Donald Raymond Arthur 1940 - 1997 Cancer Acute Leukemia -
      > ……………… - Congestive Heart Failure
      > Carolyn Sue Villela 1942 - 2001 Cancer Glioblastoma
      > Multiforme
      > Rosalie Ferguson 1928-2008 Cancer Colon
      > Helen M Hornaday 1928 -2001 Cardio Vascular
      > Failure
      > Russell Allen Beaver 1925-1994 Cardio Vascular Stroke
      > Marilyn Beaver 1927-1995 Cardio Vascular Clots
      > Jeremy Slate 1926-2006 Cancer Esophageal

    • Trudi
      Message 41 of 41 , Oct 25, 2009
        Moving this topic to the front again.