I know tons of people who lived in the initial fallout zone who are ill

  • jen.madison@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2010
      Good evening,
      I have been struggling with debilitating fibromlagia, thyroid issues, and mitral valve prolapse, and just found a study online which lists all my symptoms as a "post radiation syndrome." My family and I lived in Calabasas and frequented Bell Canyon for 15 years. I didn't learn about Rocketdyne until just recently on Facebook and couldn't believe what we had been unknowingly exposed to. My entire family has debilitating health isses, my two best friends and their immediate families from there have the same exact debilitating "Post radiation" symptoms, and our other friends and their entire families have various cancers, thryoid issues, and fibromyalgia. I honestly believe our air, water, and soil had some crazy pollutants and many people are suffering currently as a result. I'm glad at least that there are others who are trying to figure out how this could have happened in such a beautiful area to so many innocent victims. Thank you for starting the discussion! Jen
    • randi_yager
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 27, 2010
        I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I know that all of us are getting older but this is just too much. I can't believe there are so many ailments that come on so quickly and so many at once. I have always considered myself healthy. Then the thyroid went, heart murmur came, kidney cysts, ovary cysts, breast cyst which were fortunately discovered before the became cancerous. My husband who also grew up in the Chatsworth area was diagnosed with prostate cancer at 56. I didn't know anything about the exposure until Trudi located me in 2008 and told me what had happened to us when we were kids. I can believe that we weren't told but it makes me really angry that nothing is being done to study or acknowledge the damage that was done to us.

        Well welcome to the group and sorry we had to meet like this. My prayers are with you and your family.

        --- In rocketdynemeltdown@yahoogroups.com, "jen.madison@..." <jen.madison@...> wrote:

        > Good evening,
        > I have been struggling with debilitating fibromlagia, thyroid issues, and mitral valve prolapse, and just found a study online which lists all my symptoms as a "post radiation syndrome." My family and I lived in Calabasas and frequented Bell Canyon for 15 years. I didn't learn about Rocketdyne until just recently on Facebook and couldn't believe what we had been unknowingly exposed to. My entire family has debilitating health isses, my two best friends and their immediate families from there have the same exact debilitating "Post radiation" symptoms, and our other friends and their entire families have various cancers, thryoid issues, and fibromyalgia. I honestly believe our air, water, and soil had some crazy pollutants and many people are suffering currently as a result. I'm glad at least that there are others who are trying to figure out how this could have happened in such a beautiful area to so many innocent victims. Thank you for starting the discussion! Jen

      • Trudi Ferguson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 27, 2010
          Thank you Jen, for updates check out our
          Secrets of the Santa Susana Field Laboratory Facebook Page.