ROCKETDYNE SANTA SUSANA FIELD LABORATORY NUCLEAR RADIATION LEAK

  • Randi Yager
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 26, 2008
      If you lived in the Simi Valley or San Fernando Valley during and after
      the 1959 Meltdown at Rocketdyne you were exposed to RADIATION! The
      Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry and CDC contracted
      with Eastern Research Group to have UCLA complete a study of health
      issues from 1988-2002 of those who lived near Rocketdyne. If you had
      moved out of the area you were not included in that study.

      Do you and your family have health issues?

      Would you be part of a class action suit if it were available to you?

      Do you feel if you lived in either Valley you should of been informed?

      Will you tell your story on this site?
    • trudiferguson
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 27, 2008
        --- In rocketdynemeltdown@yahoogroups.com, "Randi Yager"
        <randi.yager@...> wrote:

        > If you lived in the Simi Valley or San Fernando Valley during and after
        > the 1959 Meltdown at Rocketdyne you were exposed to RADIATION! The
        > Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry and CDC contracted
        > with Eastern Research Group to have UCLA complete a study of health
        > issues from 1988-2002 of those who lived near Rocketdyne. If you had
        > moved out of the area you were not included in that study.
        >
        > Do you and your family have health issues?
        >
        > Would you be part of a class action suit if it were available to you?
        >
        > Do you feel if you lived in either Valley you should of been informed?
        >
        > Will you tell your story on this site?

        Carlton Family Health History!

        1964 We moved to Canoga Park in 1964 on Nita Avenue. In 1967 my Dad
        bought a 2nd home on the Santa Susana Pass Road. Actually the house
        was on the corner of Santa Susana Pass Road and Box Canyon Road. Our
        house was on a WELL!
        While we lived at that house, my Father was constantly sick. We moved
        from this house about 1971. Around 1973 my Father was diagnosed with
        Cancer of the Larynx. Later he was diagnosed with Lymphoma. He
        suffered greatly! He was a 30 year Retired Disabled American Veteran
        of the USMC. My Mother began to exibit changes in personality. Later
        she was diagnosed with a Thyroid insufficiency. My 2 older brothers
        recently died, the unusual thing about their deaths, they died 3
        months apart from each. Timing! One died after sustaining multiple
        cardiovascular events and surgeries, Feb 06, he was 59 yrs young. The
        other brother died from Melanoma in the Brain, Lungs and Liver, Nov
        05, he was 56 years young. My sister has suffered from her early 20's
        with facial pain. I have read many documents on the internet on TCE
        exposure, and Facial Pain or Trigeminal Nerve Pain. She was told she
        had TMJ? She suffers with degenerative arthritis and chronic pain
        issues. I too, have my list of health issues. Out of our original 6
        in our family, only myself and my sister are living today!
        My oldest brother's son, is now 49, last year he was diagnosed with a
        tumor on the adrenal gland! This nephew was a baby when we lived on
        Nita Avenue and he lived with us. Since he was the first Grandchild
        of my parents, he was also babysat by them quite often, meaning he
        spent plenty of time at the house on the Santa Susana Pass Road.
        My three children also had minor but real birth defects.
        My oldest was born in 1973, she had a turned in foot. Orthopedic
        shoes were ordered.
        My second was born in 1975, when the doctor cut the umbilical cord he
        made a note that there were 3 arteries in the cord instead of the
        normal 2! (thank god that was all it was)
        My third child was born in 1981, his one foot was almost clubbed, but
        not quite, an orthopedic doctor put his foot in a plaster caste for a
        couple of months. This did correct it.
        When I asked my Doctors what would cause something like this, they
        told me it was a result of my uterus shape? I'm 5'9" tall? I am not
        a small person!