Simplex frequency changes

  • steve wiebke
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 27
      Our ARES simplex frequency directory will be replaced by the current Minnesota ARES simplex frequency plan (link attached). It will be implemented for Olmsted county starting January 1, 2018. Please take the time to update your radios for both local and state wide. If you have questions e-mail me at W0STV@...

      www.MinnesotaARES.org.

      Steve-W0STV
      Olmsted ARES-EC
      The more preparation, the less confusion.
    • stratigus64@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 28
        With the Olmsted County ARES simplex frequency changeover, I would like to propose that our club/Olmsted County ARES org put together a Template for VHF/UHF radio frequencies as a list, reference, and jumping-off point for newcomers.

        The list would be easily portable to any VHF/UHF handheld, mobile, or base station that CHIRP can communicate with, but initially geared toward the ubiquitous Baofengs (as they are probably the most common and most accessible radio supporting the minimum base set of functionality we'd need to define).

        I propose this template would initially contain:
        - National (US) standard Calling, Simplex, APRS/Data, frequencies for VHF/UHF HAM use
        - All commonly-used Local repeaters (All Rochester, surrounding counties, and some wider area repeaters)
        - The new ARES simplex frequencies for Minnesota/Olmsted County (VHF/UHF)
        - FRS/GMRS/MURS and select Marine VHF channels (not legal for TX, but fully interoperable if need be)
        - Select National Emergency/Incident Response interoperability channels (from the DHS NIFOG document, for monitoring and interoperability if the situation dictates)
        - Channels for local emergency services (Rochester Fire Dept VHF simulcast, etc. for monitoring)
        -All NOAA Weather Radio broadcast frequencies

        Perhaps with help from the Tech Committee I'd like to get this area-specific template put together and ready for distribution to whoever wants it within the next month or two in order to ease the changeover to the new ARES frequencies and increase our overall capability, commonality, and interoperability within our group and between possible served agencies or partnered groups.

        Please let me know what you think!
        -Collin AA0CN

      • John

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 28
            The link to the MN ARES frequencies are here:
            http://www.minnesotaares.org/ares/images/SOG_6-C-001_Simplex_Frequencies-2F.pdf

            I have uploaded the RARC Hams ARES page to link to it, noting that we will start using these as of Jan 1st 2018:
            http://www.rarchams.org/ares#E3

            I have uploaded a draft frequency template covering these new ARES frequencies, our local area repeaters, and the other frequencies previously discussed to the "files" section of the Yahoo group:
            https://xa.yimg.com/df/rochester_hams/RMNARES_2018_DRAFT.xlsx?token=qDl0dLYFWEh0NffzZOVEMZBl3AH8vGu9de7bE7Hje3rckIzNBD85OIOaT6MeSnn6tBrJtuzSzeY-yq2M5rk8RkaZ61ujknmsT1QMPnKy9Wb0C1UCMsQ&type=download
            Please give any suggestions you may have!

            -Collin AA0CN
          • steve wiebke