Group Buy for Basic Pantry Items

  • Elizabeth Raduns
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2009
      Hello all!

      I am organizing a group buy co-op for basic pantry items.  We are ordering through a company in Utah, but the orders will arrive here in Batavia.  If you are interested in ordering, please click on the link for all the price lists and details.  If you have any questions please let me know.

      The following items are available:
      • EV Olive Oil
      • Organic EV Coconut OIL
      • Truly Raw Almonds
      • Pecan Halves
      • Sunflower Seeds
      • Raw Pumpkin Seeds
      • Cashew Pieces
      • Organic Raw Flaxseeds (brown)
      • Dates
      • Organic Dried Apricots
      • Shredded Coconut
      • Organic Truly Raw Almonds
      All items are well below retail price, even with shipping! :)  Deadline for orders is the 20th of this month!

      Blessings!
      Ellie

      On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Laura <laurav@...> wrote:

      All - I will be placing a bulk order for Cod Liver Oil and Butter Oil and also the combination CLO/BO products on Wednesday October 15th.  I usually place a big order every 2 months.

      If you want some Cod Liver Oil or Butter oil, you are welcome to get some .  If you can send me a note with your requested items that you would want during this timeframe, I would appreciate that.  You do not need to get your item(s) immediately,  you can get them when you need them.  I am doing this just so that I can have the approximate right amount of items on hand.

      The NEW Blue Ice Royal  (combined Cod Liver Oil and Butter Oil) provides an optimal ratio'ed serving of the CLO and BO with the convenience of opening just one bottle (not two).  And, as you might recall, the combination of the CLO and BO provides the highest nutritional and healing value.  Having said that , I know that some do like to take the CLO and BO separate and may enjoy some of those flavors over the flavors of the Blue Ice Royal.

      If you haven't had a chance to get your 25 OH(D) blood test done, then do ask for it when you are at your next DR appt.  We want our levels to be in the 50-60 ng/ml range.  If you aren't at that level, then you can dose yourself higher with your CLO/BO.  I just pasted in a note from a DR that uses the Green Pasture products with her patients.  It helps explain dosing...

      The prices are at the bottom of the email... and remember, you save over 50% per serving cost when you use the liquids vs. the capsules.

      Please send me a note if you would like some CLO and BO during the next couple month timeframe.....

      Thanks,

      Laura

      P.S.  Just in... a note from Dr. Mayer Eisenstein with details on how "More Vitamin D = Less Breast Cancer".  I will paste some of the notes on that at the very bottom..... relevant, since we are on the CLO/Vitamin D topic....

      How much Fclo to consume? Here is Dr. Rosann Volmerts observations

      Tue, 2009-04-28 18:14 — dave

      As far as dosing goes, I have been asking patients to take 3ml or 3 capsules of fclo along with 2.5ml or 3 capsules of bo. What I have found is that for people in good health this works pretty well to raise vit D levels from the 10's-20's up to 40's-80's. I am still waiting to see if those that only went to 40 will go higher over time. Also some of them were tested at different times of the year so sun exposure will play a role. I am trying to compare at the same time of year as the study goes on. I have noticed that in patients who have lots of health issues with intestinal absorption, inflammation and other chronic issues I don't see such good results. I am trying to correct their underlying gut issues using the GAPS plan and see how it goes from there. I have considered increasing their dose until they are in better health. When patients or sick with flu, cold, or other infection, I ask them to double the dose for at least 10 days. I have only 3 children on the oils and they do not get tested. Their parents don't believe in lab testing. I recommended they use 1/2 the adult doing. Some patients have told me that they occasionally give their child some of theirs. As the study goes on, I am hoping to nail the dosing down better. It will most likely take several years in order to compare patients at the same time of year, get more children enrolled, etc. I can for surely tell you that I am seeing results that are not typically seen when using synthetic vit D.
      In synopsis, at this point I can say that in relatively healthy patients 3ml or 3 capsules of fclo and 2.5 ml or 3 capsules of bo are probably sufficient. Those in compromised heath most likely will need twice this dose. Since I always give the oils together, I don't know how this would be with fclo alone.

      Product

      Flavor

      Regular Price

      Laura's Price **

      Blue Ice Royal~      FCLO & HVBO

      Flavor Free/Antioxidant Free

      $49

      $40

      Cinnamon Tingle

      $49

      $40

      Chocolate Cream

      $49

      $40

      Capsules *

      $47

      $37 *

      Fermented CLO

      Plain

      $44

      $36

      Cinnamon Tingle

      $44

      $36

      Salty Cod

      Arctic Mint

      $44

      $44

      $36

      $36

      Mediterranean

      $44

      $36

      Oslo Orange

      $44

      $36

      Fruit Attack

      $44

      $36

      Chocolate Cream

      $44

      $36

      Capsules *

      $30

      $25 *

      HV Butter Oil

      Plain

      $60

      $50

      Raspberry Whip

      $60

      $50

      Butter Pecan

      $60

      $50

      Capsules *

      $45

      $36 *

      **Laura's prices are less than or equal to the 12 volume pricing from Green Pastures (including shipping charge)

       *Laura's price is less than the 6 volume pricing from Green Pastures (including shipping charge)

      --
      Ellie Raduns
      Sweet Pea, Owner

    • Tim Vail
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2009
        Ellie,

        That looks awesome. I was just thinking about how to get raw almonds again,
        then this showed up in the inbox :-)

        Anyways, question, in the FAQ, it said:
        "The California law does allow for a rancher to sell you no more than 100 lbs.
        per day directly. We are facilitating that opportunity with this group buy."

        Now I'm confused. How is this co-op working since it doesn't look like we
        will (as individuals) be buying 100 lbs of almonds directly from the rancher.

        -Tim

        On Sunday November 01 2009, Elizabeth Raduns wrote:
        > Hello all!
        >
        > I am organizing a group buy co-op for basic pantry items. We are ordering
        > through a company in Utah, but the orders will arrive here in Batavia. If
        > you are interested in ordering, please click on the
        > link<http://www.sweetpeaconsulting.com/raw-food-co-op.html>for all the
        > price lists and details. If you have any questions please let
        > me know.
        >
        > The following items are available:
        >
        > - EV Olive Oil
        > - Organic EV Coconut OIL
        > - Truly Raw Almonds
        > - Pecan Halves
        > - Sunflower Seeds
        > - Raw Pumpkin Seeds
        > - Cashew Pieces
        > - Organic Raw Flaxseeds (brown)
        > - Dates
        > - Organic Dried Apricots
        > - Shredded Coconut
        > - Organic Truly Raw Almonds
        >
        > All items are well below retail price, even with shipping! :) Deadline for
        > orders is the 20th of this month!
        >
        > Blessings!
        > Ellie
      • Elizabeth Raduns
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2009
          Hello all,
          After I replied to Tim I realized someone else might have the same question....So, here is the answer.

          We are purchasing through a larger group, they will take your name with you to the buyer so you are the "one" who is purchasing, not them. Does this make sense? I you feel you need/want further clarification let me know. You will only need to fill out your order form, I will need to make sure the paper work is submitted properly! :)  You are allowed to order more than 100 pounds, the purchase will just be made on a different day.