Good to find others like me!

  • jaredspaseo
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16, 2003
      Good to see there are others out there who Are sick of left lane
      snails, and other stupid stupid car trick performers.
      I drive from Hartford to Boston five days a week. You would be
      amazed at what I see. I did post some pictures. that should give you
      an idea.
      Yeah, I'm in a hurry. Don't people understand that it's rude to
      drive in the left lane at 70mph. It's supposed to be the passing
      lane. So, why do you drive right next to the car to the right of you?
      I set my cruise control at 80 and just go. If someone is coming up
      behind me, and going faster than I am, I move over. If there is a car
      to my right going to slow, I speed up untill I can move over. How
      hard is that?
      I'm sick of people slowing down up hills, and passing me just to
      drive slower when they get in front of me. Ever find one of those
      idiots on the road? You're cranking down the highway, holing the same
      speed the whole way. Someone comes up next to you. You come to hill
      and they slow down. You pass them. When the down hill comes they pass
      you again. Uphill, they slow down again. Then a car is in the middle
      lane. Do you let them get in front of you, and get stuck behind them,
      on every hill? Not a chance. That's the only time I don't let someone
      pass.
      Then you have the funny people. We have all seen them. They are
      the ones who move over to pass you and they end up getting stuck
      behind another car. They do this over, and over again. Why don't they
      just stay in the left lane, untill trffic clears? They try to pass on
      the right a bunch of times and you just end up passing them again. I
      have gone 90 miles with a person like that behind me the whole way.
      How did they get that stupid? If they would tell me, maybe I could
      prevent this from happening to me. Personally, if I'm gonna go
      through the trouble of passing on the right, I make sure that I'm not
      gonna get stuck. How hard is it to tell if you will come out in front
      of the crowd? Don't get me wrong, every once in a while I get stuck.
      But not to often.
      Where has the common sense gone? If you actually read this whole
      thing, I'm amazed! If this hits close to home, you're a friend of
      mine.
      Sorry about any spelling mistakes. I type too fast and don't go
      back to fix it.
    • Diane
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 20, 2003
        I'm glad someone else has the same complaints as I do. I commute
        from the New London area to Stratford on I-95, and it is hell.
        Left lane hogs act offended when I pass them and sometimes speed
        up after me. If they had driven that fast to begin with, I wouldn't
        have needed to pass them. It's also annoying when someone is
        pressing me when I'm in the left lane, but when I move to the right
        to let them pass, they slow way down. Another annoyance is when
        you're passing at a good clip, and a slower car from the right lane
        cuts in front of you just as you're about to pass them. They could
        have been more polite and waited to get behind you if they didn't
        want to keep the same pace. Construction on I-95 is another pet
        peeve. Projects go on for years while the roads remain in
        deplorable condition, not to mention the delays they cause.

        Diane