Re: I know you hate me but,...

  • Diane <novitd@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 17, 2002
      --- In roadragerspage@yahoogroups.com, "Susan" <txgirl3t@a...> wrote:
      > --- In roadragerspage@y..., "Mortimer" <jugodung@y...> wrote:
      > > I drive a truck...Can someone please explain to me why these
      > > dumb asses sit at an intersection and let 200 cars go by then,
      > > when a semi comes along, they pull out in front of it??
      > >
      > > Does this actually make sense to anyone out there?
      >
      > Well, I know this reply is really late, and it's probably not what
      > you want to hear, but you asked!
      >
      > We pull in front of you , because we are all moving along in a smooth
      > flow, and you guys are chugging around leaving huge gaps in traffic
      > and generally slowing us all down.There is a legitimate movement in
      > many states to limit the hours semi's can run on heavy traffic roads,
      > and I'm all for it.During rush hour is NOT the time for a fully
      > loaded semi to be holding us all up.Many cities limit road work to
      > night time and off peak hours, and it would be great if they did the
      > same for slow-moving, traffic-clogging trucks!
      >
      > I have also heard many people recite the old myth that "truckers are
      > the most courteous people on the road".Well, I'm sorry- that might
      > have been true 40 years ago, but it aint true now!I can't tell you
      > how many times I've been stuck behind a semi in the passing lane,
      > just tooling along at his chosen speed, because it is too much
      > trouble for him to get the hell out of the way and let people by.
      >
      > Mort, I'm sure you are not like this, but your counterparts give all
      > of you a bad reputation, and I can't help but think legislation is
      > forthcoming to fix it.

      Susan,

      I'd have to agree with you about truckers! The courteous ones seem to
      be the exception to the rule. I commute to work 63 miles each way on
      I-95 in Connecticut, and I can't even count the number of times I've
      had a truck slow me down in the left lane. Many times, they aren't
      even passing anyone. I especially hate it when I am passing a long
      line of cars, and a truck(or anyone else for that matter) cuts in
      front of me just as I'm about to pass them, making me slow down.

      Diane
    • wouldnt you like to know <itsthewarrior@
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 19, 2002
        Hi Mortimer,

        It does make a lot of sense. I come from a family of CDL drivers.
        An ex husband, brothers all hold CDL's.
        Its amazing how and why people pull out in front of Semi's.....
        The reason I hear from my family is that the "4 wheelers" think you
        are driving so far back that you have plenty of time to see them.
        Which is not true, they seldom realize until its almost to late....
        That in fact you are traveling sometimes at the same speed as
        traffic.......And they fail to understand the braking distance it
        takes to stop or even slow down such a large vechicle. I myself drive
        either a Jeep or a full size pick up.......And it amazes me when I do
        drive this full size RED pickup, no one can see it...........
        And about those Mini Vans out on the road...........I think they are
        death traps on wheels.......Several years ago I was in an accident
        with one......She rear ended me.......Totaled her van..While my jeep
        came out of it with a few dents, front and back, (I was in the middle
        of her van and a small car in front of me).

        The Warrior

        --- In roadragerspage@yahoogroups.com, "Mortimer" <jugodung@y...>
        wrote:
        > I drive a truck...Can someone please explain to me why these
        > dumb asses sit at an intersection and let 200 cars go by then,
        > when a semi comes along, they pull out in front of it??
        >
        > Does this actually make sense to anyone out there?
      • thomas cooper
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 21, 2002
          truckers in the fast lane is like {tits on a boar hog}.so what if they get cutt off or someone pulls out in front of em {when there tire blows out }do you think there gona stop and write u a check for road hazard damage.
          "wouldnt you like to know <itsthewarrior@...>" <itsthewarrior@...> wrote:Hi Mortimer,

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 22, 2002
            Why do you think they say................Stay back...Don't get in
            their blind spot....Or if you can't see me in my mirrors, I can't
            see you...........Besides, most rock haulers have a sigh saying "Not
            responsible for damage from flying debris".........Y'all need to
            rethink your driving habits when it comes to "semi's"...........

            Then there's this thing about SUV's...............I happen to own
            one........If you keep it tuned, well maintained it won't be the gas
            hog everyone implies.......As for thinking they own the
            road.......It's the driver who thinks this.......Not the
            SUV.......It's the driver who in his or her brain, has this huge
            truck, they think their invinsible.......Wrong......I've seen small
            cars and other trucks with drivers just as bad as drivers of
            SUV's........It's the mentallity of the person behind the wheel......

            The Warrior

            --- In roadragerspage@yahoogroups.com, thomas cooper

            <itsthewarrior@d...> wrote:Hi Mortimer,

            > It does make a lot of sense. I come from a family of CDL drivers.
            > An ex husband, brothers all hold CDL's.
            > Its amazing how and why people pull out in front of Semi's.....
            > The reason I hear from my family is that the "4 wheelers" think
            you
            > are driving so far back that you have plenty of time to see them.
            > Which is not true, they seldom realize until its almost to
            late....
            > That in fact you are traveling sometimes at the same speed as
            > traffic.......And they fail to understand the braking distance it
            > takes to stop or even slow down such a large vechicle. I myself
            drive
            > either a Jeep or a full size pick up.......And it amazes me when I
            do
            > drive this full size RED pickup, no one can see it...........
            > And about those Mini Vans out on the road...........I think they
            are
            > death traps on wheels.......Several years ago I was in an accident
            > with one......She rear ended me.......Totaled her van..While my
            jeep
            > came out of it with a few dents, front and back, (I was in the
            middle
            > of her van and a small car in front of me).
            >
            > The Warrior
            >

            > --- In roadragerspage@yahoogroups.com, "Mortimer" <jugodung@y...>
            > wrote:
            > > I drive a truck...Can someone please explain to me why these
            > > dumb asses sit at an intersection and let 200 cars go by then,
            > > when a semi comes along, they pull out in front of it??
            > >
            > > Does this actually make sense to anyone out there?

            Service.

          • Susan <txgirl3t@aol.com>
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 1, 2003
              I agree with you about SUV's, but not about semi's.We should not have
              to watch out for them, just because they are rude, inconsiderate, and
              dangerous!If they can't do a better job of driving, then there WILL
              be legislation to do it for their sorry asses!!

              --- In roadragerspage@yahoogroups.com, "wouldnt you like to know