New Member/Professional driver

  • road_warrior63
    Message 1 of 43 , Mar 17, 2001
      I'm sure glad that in a world where P.C. is the
      rule and everything is supposed to be warm and fuzzy
      and correct that there's a place where everybody can
      hear the OTHER side of the incidents.<br> I've been
      driving trucks and other assorted commercial vehicles for
      the last 20 years and am now driving a school
      bus..that's right..ya wanna see people get stupid inna hurry,
      let 'em catch a glimpse of the back end of a big
      yellow bus..they become instant assholes.<br> I drive in
      an upscale town in CT where there are more SUV's and
      Miatas per square mile than people who have a clue how
      to drive them and to this day I will never be able
      to figure out the logic of cutting off a fully
      loaded 30 ton semi or a 14 ton school bus on a narrow,
      winding road.<br> I have seen them (And I can see real
      good from up here in the cab) reading the Wall Street
      Journal spread across the steering wheel, I've seen them
      shaving, I've seen them digging around in the back
      seat(almost completely IN the back seat), I've seen kids
      almost WIPED OUT by stupid idiots doing 45 down the
      backroads...I mean, didn't they pay attention in Driver's Ed
      when they were mentioning "reaction times"?<br> I got
      stories, ahhh, yeah..<br> I wholeheartedly agree with most
      of what (swftazz?) says. She makes a good point.<br>
      Anybody who even entertains the THOUGHT of pulling that
      kinda crap in front of a truck or other large vehicle
      should first check out this link:<br>
      up after these morons..<br><br> If we all drove like
      we were strapped to the hood like Aztec sacrifices,
      (Which anybody who drives a little foreign car basically
      IS-I don't care what kinda snazzy airbags ya got-ain't
      much use against tons of mass at a high velocity..
      Y'know..trucks are kinda like trains-they take a LOOOONG time to
      stop from highway speeds-no matter what they're
      pushin' in front of 'em..)<br> We would be much better,
      SAFER drivers.
    • leftmanoh
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 8, 2004
        Let 'em pass when they can. Failing that, they don't have the right
        to threaten me with their car or truck.

        Most often I get tailgated when I can't go anywhere else. There is
        no 'move out of the way' for me, yet these idiots continue to ride my
        bumper.