Onramps and offramps

  • AlphaOmegabird
    Message 1 of 43 , Nov 24, 2000
      This is where it gets us, the onramps and
      offramps. For some reason, I like to be a nice guy. If I
      see someone running out of yield lane, I either slow
      down or move over. I do my best to let the fellow
      motorist get on the public freeway. I cannot for the life
      of me see why I can be the only one capable of these
      acts of courtesy. Every time I try to get on the
      freeway, some genius is pacing me and playing bouncer.
      There are only two solutions when you are running out
      of room. You can either take to the shoulder and
      pass the person in front of the "Bouncer", or slowly
      drift over. Chances are, that if the "Bouncer" is too
      stingy to share the road, he's definitely too stingy to
      share the same lane. Ofttimes you're left with the far
      more seldom alternative. Hit the brakes while he's not
      expecting it, and get behind him.
    • leftmanoh
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 8, 2004
        Let 'em pass when they can. Failing that, they don't have the right
        to threaten me with their car or truck.

        Most often I get tailgated when I can't go anywhere else. There is
        no 'move out of the way' for me, yet these idiots continue to ride my
        bumper.