Sunday Drivers

  • AlphaOmegabird
    Message 1 of 43 , Sep 2, 2001
      I now fully understand the phrase "Sunday
      Driver". It is a person of a certain age group who drives
      a tenth of their age below the speed limit (50-59=5
      miles below, 60-69=6 miles below...etc.) but why
      Sunday? Since the year Circa 33 A.D., Christians have
      celebrated the Resurrection of Christ on Sunday by attending
      a mutual meeting house on that day to praise God
      and fellowship. As older folks retire, they continue
      the practice of attending a church on Sunday, and as
      service times vary, so do the presense of these drivers
      travelling between home and church.<br> My point? Nothing.
      Just chaps me that on some of these 1.5 lane rural
      roads I have to travel, just going to church myself,
      that these blue-haired tank pilots have to build up a
      funeral procession by driving just faster than a speeding
      glacier.
    • leftmanoh
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 8, 2004
        Let 'em pass when they can. Failing that, they don't have the right
        to threaten me with their car or truck.

        Most often I get tailgated when I can't go anywhere else. There is
        no 'move out of the way' for me, yet these idiots continue to ride my
        bumper.