More Fuel for the Fire

  • Charles Kuehn
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 2004
      Check out this link:

      http://www.theonion.com/4005/news1.html

      The car in the photo is, I'm sure, a computer-generated mockup; a
      charicature of what the author might perceive an agressive driver's
      ride to look like. It would be funnier if it weren't so close to
      what is actually being puked out by Detroit these days.

      As if there isn't already enough stress from overwhelming congestion
      and almost universal rudeness by the driving public, the automakers
      seem engaged in a contest to see which of them can design the
      fiercest-looking, most in-your-face vehicle. Even sadder is the way
      the public buys up the junk - especially that portion of the public
      most inclined to behave in a less than courteous manner.

      Charles
    • jaredspaseo
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 9, 2004
        --- In roadragerspage@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Kuehn"
        <ckuehncnwhs@y...> wrote:
        > Check out this link:

        One quick question. Who is the curious driver? The one in the left
        lane going 70 or the guy trying to pass him? Most of the time I'm
        the guy trying to pass them but sometimes someone wants to go faster
        than I do. When this occurs I move over and let them pass. Or I
        speed up until I can move over and keep the speed I was going
        before. Just curious.

        > http://www.theonion.com/4005/news1.html
        >
        > The car in the photo is, I'm sure, a computer-generated mockup; a
        > charicature of what the author might perceive an agressive
        driver's
        > ride to look like. It would be funnier if it weren't so close to
        > what is actually being puked out by Detroit these days.
        >
        > As if there isn't already enough stress from overwhelming
        congestion
        > and almost universal rudeness by the driving public, the
        automakers
        > seem engaged in a contest to see which of them can design the
        > fiercest-looking, most in-your-face vehicle. Even sadder is the
        way
        > the public buys up the junk - especially that portion of the
        public
        > most inclined to behave in a less than courteous manner.
        >
        > Charles
      • Charles Kuehn
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 10, 2004
          "Curious" driver? I'm going to assume you meant courteous. I'm
          going to further assume you meant this reply to apply to a prior
          post than the one below.

          Please go back an reread that post. I was not in the left lane; I
          was in the center lane - already exceeding the speed limit by
          fifteen mph. Nor was the highway crowded; on the contrary, the jerk
          in the Lexus had all kinds of room to pass me on the left. The very
          few other cars on the road in this instance were mostly in the right
          lane, going much more slowly than I, making it expedient for me to
          remain in the middle lane rather than change back and forth to pass
          each of them. It is important to note here that the Lexus' driver,
          considering his excessive speed and with an eye toward avoiding the
          whole hassle, might have stayed in the left lane unless and until
          someone traveling even faster overtook him. Apparently however, he
          felt I should make a move out of his "way" so that he could exceed
          the limit even more than I already was without having to alter his
          course. Courtesy doesn't even enter into it. Unmitigated
          agressiveness does.

          Charles

          --- In roadragerspage@yahoogroups.com, jaredspaseo <no_reply@y...>