bear forms

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 18, 2005
      Anyone know where I can get a black bear form that is on all fours and
      head turnd like its pulling an arrow out? I may have to alter a form
      but not sure how to do it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    • Victoria Arundell
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 19, 2005
        you could always try the old-fashioned way and make your own.
        are forms made of that hard foam? couldnt you cut it with a hotwire
        and carve it and glue it back into the position you like? a good
        knowledge of bear anatomy and musculature would be vital.
        ive never used forms or seen them for sale. im studying taxidermy and
        hoping to try it soon with a fox but i intend to make my own forms
        using wood, wood wool, wire and papier mache. taxidermy isnt very
        popular in this country. only commercial taxidermists use forms but
        since they have to be imported from the US most still make their own.

        Baphomiss

        --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, "Greg"