Re: Squirrel

  • spaz200332 <spaz200332@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20, 2003
      --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, "pwhite91941"
      <pwhite91941@y...> wrote:
      > Hi everyone, I am new to this club, but I think you are you are the
      > solution to my problem.
      > hi pat my name is ray im just geting into taxidermy there is a book
      writen by GERALD J. GRANTZ called home book of taxidermy and tanning
      that book has every thing that you will need to do the job right
      there is a hole chapter in it in stuffing squrrels an other
      animals.an there is a magzine that you can order molds of all sorts
      of animals an the cemacals that you need to do it or go to a sporting
      goods store that has to do with hunting an some one may be able to
      help you with more info on it.i have a friend that dose this an ive
      helped him withmany animals moose deer coyotes ect the main thing is
      to be carefull with falaying the hide from the body exspecially
      around the nose eyes an ears use a scalpo with a sharp blade an get
      some broax acid to soak the hide to loosin the acess meat to make it
      easier to scrape off than order your mold take messurments because
      molds come in different sizes. hope that this info helps you out an
      good luck with it but squrrels are the best animal to start with.