Re: Salting small birds

  • Rigemortis
    Message 1 of 50 , Feb 18, 2002
      you should use non iodonized salt.<br>try to form
      the birds how you want them in the salt. Because as
      they dry they will stiffen. <br>The idea to dry
      something out is to suck the moistier out fast. so after a
      day or two un cover the old salt and replace it with
      new. the body fluids cake up the salt and you want
      fresh dry salt surrounding the birds. youll have to
      cange salt out less and less untill they are dry
    • gangoror
      Message 50 of 50 , Mar 9 6:42 PM
        I suggest using borax instead of salt or you will get dermestid
        beetles.