Re: Need more advice

  • Rigemortis
    Message 1 of 50 , Jul 9, 2001
      I dont think you should have buried the animal. A
      lot of damage can happen to the smaller bones; from
      moistier and your shovel; also it iseasier to loose these
      bones. Istead it is best to dig a hole and cover it with
      a board. The same bugs will get to it because it is
      under ground level. Just dig it where it will stay
      moist and cool. Then when the bugs have picked it clean
      you can soak it in poroxide to disolve the remaining
      tissue. Bleach will destroy or weaken the bones.<br>-Good
      Luck
    • gangoror
      Message 50 of 50 , Mar 9, 2002
        I suggest using borax instead of salt or you will get dermestid
        beetles.