Re: Nearly the Season (and questions...)

  • wodensson
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 18, 2006
      I've removed teeth from fresh carcasses pretty sucsessfully by
      using a grinding bit on a dremmel tool. I cut thru the bone around
      the tooth enough to make it thin and flexible, then work the tooth
      out with a pliars. I made this safer by super gluing heavy felt to
      the pliar's jaws.
      The downside of this is that you have to cut thru the gums (I cut
      of the lips as well) which would leave your friend's pet in a messy
      state. If they have no objection to that, it should work well.

      --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, Edward VanHalen
      <planetmonkey2002@...> wrote:

      > QUESTION:
      >
      > I have a couple friends who are losing pets soon due to illness.
      One is a large Rottweiler, the other a small cat. I have saved claws
      from pets for friends in the past, but was wondering how to salvage
      some teeth? Pliers have resulted in some messy situations in the
      past..is there an easy way to remove teeth from freshly dead animals
      with minimal damage to the teeth? I was thinking of saving the cats
      tail as well...Anyone else do this type of work for friends?