Re: [RoadKill and Taxidermy] Re: Skullptures

  • Thomas VanHalen
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 29 1:20 PM
      Must...have...injun...scalp....! That would rock.

      wodensson <wodensson@...> wrote: Are you ready for this? About two hundred years ago the Hudson's
      Bay company paid as much for native american scalps as they did for a
      top-grade beaver plew. Some trappers actually made a living this
      way, as for example John (liver-eatin') Johnson, who is reputed to
      have killed around 300 Crow warriors over a twenty year feud.
      Anyway, occasionally an old scalp makes its way into an antique
      shop. These can be restored a bit with Neatsfoot oil and worked
      safely if one is careful. There should be plenty around the UK,
      since most were sold to England.

      --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, "Victoria Arundell"
      <baphomiss@...> wrote:

      > -sounds spiffing, but..er... where did you get the human hair?
      > *gulp!*
      > :)

      Taxidermy Hobby and craft supply Craft hobby Hobbies and crafts

      ---------------------------------

    • wodensson
      Message 2 of 15 , May 2, 2006
        If you do manage to spot one, I'd recommend grabbing it right
        away.

        --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, Thomas VanHalen

        Message 3 of 15 , May 3, 2006
          Or if its just the hair you need, I occasionally find human-hair
          wigs at shops like Goodwill.

          --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, "wodensson"
          <wodensson@...> wrote:

          > If you do manage to spot one, I'd recommend grabbing it right
          > away.

        • Victoria Arundell
          Message 4 of 15 , May 18, 2006
            if you grab an indians scalp isnt there a risk of him turning round
            and punching your lights out? :)
            Victoria

            <wodensson@...> wrote:

            > If you do manage to spot one, I'd recommend grabbing it right
            > away.
            >
            > --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, Thomas VanHalen
            > <planetmonkey2002@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Must...have...injun...scalp....! That would rock.

          • Edward VanHalen
            Message 5 of 15 , May 18, 2006
              Victoria Arundell <baphomiss@...> wrote: if you grab an indians scalp isnt there a risk of him turning round
              and punching your lights out? :)
              Victoria

              Not if you first apply chloroform and handcuffs~!

              EVH

              Edward VanHalen
              Manager
              Edward VanHalen Art Institute & Scholarship Program
              Denver Colorado USA

              Phone: 303-329-0702
              Fax: 303-329-0797

              Email: planetmonkey2002@...

            • wodensson
              Message 6 of 15 , May 22, 2006
                I hadn't thought of that! Though here they're more likely to yell
                for their attorney to charge you with hate crime.

                <baphomiss@...> wrote:

                > if you grab an indians scalp isnt there a risk of him turning round
                > and punching your lights out? :)
                > Victoria

              • wodensson
                Message 7 of 15 , May 22, 2006
                  --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, Edward VanHalen
                  <planetmonkey2002@...> wrote:

                  > Victoria Arundell <baphomiss@...> wrote: if you grab an indians
                  scalp isnt there a risk of him turning round
                  > and punching your lights out? :)
                  > Victoria
                  >

                  > Not if you first apply chloroform and handcuffs~!
                  >
                  > EVH

                  I'm beginning to feel right at home here!
                • Edward VanHalen
                  Message 8 of 15 , May 22, 2006
                    A man walks into a bar down in Alabama and orders a beer.

                    The whole bar is looking at the man curiously as he sits down. The bartender looks at his nice suit and tie and asks him if he's from around here.

                    The man replies, "No sir, I'm from Pennslyvania."

                    The bartender asks the man what he does for a living up in Pennyslyvania.
                    The man replies, "I am a Taxidermist."
                    The bartender slowly asks, "What is a Taxidermist?"
                    The man answers back, "Oh, I just mount animals."

                    The bartender grins wide and yells to the whole bar, "It's OK Boys!! He's one of us!"

                    Message 9 of 15 , May 23, 2006
                      Heh heh heh!! :D
                      Victoria

                      VanHalen <planetmonkey2002@...> wrote:

                      > A man walks into a bar down in Alabama and orders a beer.
                      >
                      > The whole bar is looking at the man curiously as he sits down. The
                      bartender looks at his nice suit and tie and asks him if he's from
                      around here.

                      > The man replies, "No sir, I'm from Pennslyvania."
                      >
                      > The bartender asks the man what he does for a living up in
                      Pennyslyvania.
                      > The man replies, "I am a Taxidermist."
                      > The bartender slowly asks, "What is a Taxidermist?"
                      > The man answers back, "Oh, I just mount animals."
                      >
                      > The bartender grins wide and yells to the whole bar, "It's OK Boys!!
                      He's one of us!"

                      > Edward VanHalen
                      > Manager
                      > Edward VanHalen Art Institute & Scholarship Program
                      > Denver Colorado USA
                      >
                      > Phone: 303-329-0702
                      > Fax: 303-329-0797
                      >
                      > Email: planetmonkey2002@...

                    • wodensson
                      Message 10 of 15 , May 25, 2006
                        ditto!

                        <baphomiss@...> wrote:

                        > Heh heh heh!! :D
                        > Victoria
                        >
                        > VanHalen <planetmonkey2002@> wrote:
                        > >

                        > > A man walks into a bar down in Alabama and orders a beer.
                        > >
                        > > The whole bar is looking at the man curiously as he sits down.
                        The
                        > bartender looks at his nice suit and tie and asks him if he's from
                        > around here.
                        > >
                        > > The man replies, "No sir, I'm from Pennslyvania."
                        > >
                        > > The bartender asks the man what he does for a living up in
                        > Pennyslyvania.
                        > > The man replies, "I am a Taxidermist."
                        > > The bartender slowly asks, "What is a Taxidermist?"
                        > > The man answers back, "Oh, I just mount animals."
                        > >
                        > > The bartender grins wide and yells to the whole bar, "It's OK
                        Boys!!
                        > He's one of us!"
                        > >

                        > > Edward VanHalen
                        > > Manager
                        > > Edward VanHalen Art Institute & Scholarship Program
                        > > Denver Colorado USA
                        > >
                        > > Phone: 303-329-0702
                        > > Fax: 303-329-0797
                        > >
                        > > Email: planetmonkey2002@

                      • prodicaltex59us1
                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 15, 2006
                          <baphomiss@...> wrote:

                          > if you grab an indians scalp isnt there a risk of him turning round
                          > and punching your lights out? :)
                          > Victoria
                          >
                          > --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, "wodensson"
                          > <wodensson@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > If you do manage to spot one, I'd recommend grabbing it right
                          > > away.
                          > >
                          > > --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, Thomas VanHalen
                          > > <planetmonkey2002@> wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > Must...have...injun...scalp....! That would rock.

                          Grab this Indians scalp you might find out . The experence could be
                          life threatening . Chuckle !!