Salting skins

  • epinigis
    Message 1 of 50 , Apr 4, 2001
      Hey I am new at this and I was wondering if there
      is any thing else besides salt to dry out the
      hides/pelts I want to find something that will make the
      hides/pelts soft and plyable. I have beautiful road kill
      silver/black jumbo raccoons (2) I picked up last week in my
      freezer any suggestions? Thanks, Edie
    • gangoror
      Message 50 of 50 , Mar 9, 2002
        I suggest using borax instead of salt or you will get dermestid
        beetles.