roadkill

  • Victoria Arundell
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2005
      in the spirit of the very title of this group i picked up some
      roadkill the other day. a domestic cat. i was planning to try stuffing
      him but he was a bit roughed up by the tarmac so took him home and
      buried him to obtain the skelton.
      only problem is when i went to bury him i found he was wearing a
      collar. an expensive one too since i bought the same one for my cat.
      that means someones going to miss him. what do i do? leave a note in
      the shop window "found:one tortoiseshell cat, now buried in my back
      garden" or do i just wait until someone starts making enquiries?
      should i have even picked him up at all?
      *dilemma*
      Baphomiss
    • Leslie
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 13, 2005
        Cat skulls are beautifull as long as the car's tire did'nt smash it. I have had owners give me reward money for finding their pets, dead or alive. They are just happy to know WHERE their pet is so they can quit searching. How would you feel in the pet owners position. I bet they would appreciate a discrete phone call, but, maybe not a full blown color ad for their kids to see at the grocery store (ha ha ha), that is very nice of you to think of them. Also, call them dirty names for letting their "beloved" pets roam outdoors, If they really loved their cat they would keep it inside where it cannot cause injury/death to native wildlife, or worse, themselves.

      • Victoria Arundell
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 13, 2005
          the cat seems in nice condition. then again, thats what i thought
          about the last one. a little ripe but complete. only later when i dug
          up he skeleton did i find his right forepaw was missing. so when i
          mounted him i positioned it tucked up under him as if it still hurt!
          the new cat doesnt habve a tag on his collar so i cant ring anyone. im
          ust going to wait for a "lost cat" sign to appear up in the local shop
          then contact them.

          after roaming around every butcher in town i finally found one that
          could supply me with a pigs head (and possibly lamb and calf heads as
          well!)
          a lovely skull to enjoy and also some tasty tongue and jowls too!
          now to figure out how to get them off...
          Baphomiss

          --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, Leslie