[RoadKill and Taxidermy] Re: excited

  • Victoria Arundell
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 24, 2005
      wow! you may have just invented a new way of fox hunting. instead of
      going out with a lamp and looking for glowing eyes, go out with a
      blacklight and look for glowing bums! lol!
      Baphomiss

      --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, Leslie
      <boneztreehgr@y...> wrote:
      > Then they are not truly your friends now are they, ha ha ha... I had
      to try out the "blacklight" glow I had heard so much about concerning
      skunks and their musk glands, My landlord did'nt like me much (JOIN
      THE NEIGHBORS), but my little brother brought a plant light (some
      weird blacklight) and sure enough, skunk musk has phosphurescant
      (spelling ?) properties to it. Fox smells like skunk (yum), only
      earthier, I wonder if that would glow also.......
      > -lincoln, ne
      >
      > wodensson <wodensson@y...> wrote:
      > I understand what you're saying. I've got a real fondness for
      > skunk fur myself, and friends don't come around often when you've
      > been skinning those critters!
      >
      > > --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, "boneztreehgr"
      > > <boneztreehgr@y...> wrote:
      > > > What an exciting site. Just when we all thought we were the
      > worlds
      > > weirdest
      > > > individuals... It is nice to know we are not alone. that
      > > others have
      > It is hard to make friends when your wio
      > > freezer is
      > > > constantly full and all your shirts are stained with blood.

      > Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Taxidermy Hobby Taxidermy
      supplies Bear taxidermy

      Service.

    • Leslie
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 24, 2005
        Interesting fact, Here in Nebraska, where I work, we have lots of landscaped evergreen trees. During the christmas/holiday season people looking for a cheap christmas tree frequent the park at night with an ax, waiting for the perfect opprotunity to cut a tree and run. We, in return, spray the easily accesable trees (about 100 of them) with fox urine. We get it by the 5 gallon bucket fulls from a fur farm. In the cold weather the smell is undetectable, but once you warm up that tree in your car, or worse, your house, you will think twice about stealing a tree.

        Victoria Arundell <baphomiss@...> wrote:skunks skins are lovely, rather like the budget version of Colubus
        monkey fur. hard to understand why theyre not used more often but then
        again, i havent smelled one! :)
        Baphomiss

        .--- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, "wodensson"

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 31, 2005
          heh heh! sneaky! i like it! and even if they decide not to try to
          scrub it clean for the house but put it in their front garden./yard
          instead, every dog within a two mile radius is going to be sniffing
          round and pissing on it!

          <boneztreehgr@y...> wrote:
          > Interesting fact, Here in Nebraska, where I work, we have lots of
          landscaped evergreen trees. During the christmas/holiday season people
          looking for a cheap christmas tree frequent the park at night with an
          ax, waiting for the perfect opprotunity to cut a tree and run. We, in
          return, spray the easily accesable trees (about 100 of them) with fox
          urine. We get it by the 5 gallon bucket fulls from a fur farm. In the
          cold weather the smell is undetectable, but once you warm up that tree
          in your car, or worse, your house, you will think twice about stealing
          a tree.

          > Victoria Arundell <baphomiss@y...> wrote:skunks skins are lovely,
          rather like the budget version of Colubus
          > monkey fur. hard to understand why theyre not used more often but then
          > again, i havent smelled one! :)
          > Baphomiss
          >
          > .--- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, "wodensson"
          > <wodensson@y...> wrote:
          > > I understand what you're saying. I've got a real fondness for
          > > skunk fur myself, and friends don't come around often when you've
          > > been skinning those critters!
          > >
          > > > --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, "boneztreehgr"
          > > worlds
          > > > weirdest
          > > > others have
          > > It is hard to make friends when your
          > > > freezer is

          > Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Taxidermy Hobby Taxidermy
          supplies Bear taxidermy

          Service.