Re: [RoadKill and Taxidermy] Re: excited

  • Leslie
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 22, 2005
      Then they are not truly your friends now are they, ha ha ha... I had to try out the "blacklight" glow I had heard so much about concerning skunks and their musk glands, My landlord did'nt like me much (JOIN THE NEIGHBORS), but my little brother brought a plant light (some weird blacklight) and sure enough, skunk musk has phosphurescant (spelling ?) properties to it. Fox smells like skunk (yum), only earthier, I wonder if that would glow also.......
      -lincoln, ne

      wodensson <wodensson@...> wrote:
      I understand what you're saying. I've got a real fondness for
      skunk fur myself, and friends don't come around often when you've
      been skinning those critters!

      > --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, "boneztreehgr"
      > <boneztreehgr@y...> wrote:
      > > What an exciting site. Just when we all thought we were the
      worlds
      > weirdest
      > > individuals... It is nice to know we are not alone. that
      > others have
      It is hard to make friends when your
      > freezer is
      > > constantly full and all your shirts are stained with blood.

      Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Taxidermy Hobby Taxidermy supplies Bear taxidermy

    • wodensson
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 23, 2005
        Never tried that. I do know smelling of skunk as one of the best
        ways to get to the front of a long line, though!

        --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, Leslie <boneztreehgr@y...>
        wrote:
        > Then they are not truly your friends now are they, ha ha ha... I had
        to try out the "blacklight" glow I had heard so much about concerning
        skunks and their musk glands, My landlord did'nt like me much (JOIN THE
        NEIGHBORS), but my little brother brought a plant light (some weird
        blacklight) and sure enough, skunk musk has phosphurescant (spelling ?)
        properties to it. Fox smells like skunk (yum), only earthier, I wonder
        if that would glow also.......
      • Victoria Arundell
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 24, 2005
          skunks skins are lovely, rather like the budget version of Colubus
          monkey fur. hard to understand why theyre not used more often but then
          again, i havent smelled one! :)
          Baphomiss

          .--- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, "wodensson"

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 24, 2005
            wow! you may have just invented a new way of fox hunting. instead of
            going out with a lamp and looking for glowing eyes, go out with a
            blacklight and look for glowing bums! lol!
            Baphomiss

            <boneztreehgr@y...> wrote:
            > Then they are not truly your friends now are they, ha ha ha... I had
            to try out the "blacklight" glow I had heard so much about concerning
            skunks and their musk glands, My landlord did'nt like me much (JOIN
            THE NEIGHBORS), but my little brother brought a plant light (some
            weird blacklight) and sure enough, skunk musk has phosphurescant
            (spelling ?) properties to it. Fox smells like skunk (yum), only
            earthier, I wonder if that would glow also.......
            > -lincoln, ne
            >
            > wodensson <wodensson@y...> wrote:
            > I understand what you're saying. I've got a real fondness for
            > skunk fur myself, and friends don't come around often when you've
            > been skinning those critters!
            >
            > > --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, "boneztreehgr"
            > > <boneztreehgr@y...> wrote:
            > > > What an exciting site. Just when we all thought we were the
            > worlds
            > > weirdest
            > > > individuals... It is nice to know we are not alone. that
            > > others have
            > It is hard to make friends when your wio
            > > freezer is
            > > > constantly full and all your shirts are stained with blood.

            > Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Taxidermy Hobby Taxidermy
            supplies Bear taxidermy

            Service.

          • Leslie
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 24, 2005
              Interesting fact, Here in Nebraska, where I work, we have lots of landscaped evergreen trees. During the christmas/holiday season people looking for a cheap christmas tree frequent the park at night with an ax, waiting for the perfect opprotunity to cut a tree and run. We, in return, spray the easily accesable trees (about 100 of them) with fox urine. We get it by the 5 gallon bucket fulls from a fur farm. In the cold weather the smell is undetectable, but once you warm up that tree in your car, or worse, your house, you will think twice about stealing a tree.

              Victoria Arundell <baphomiss@...> wrote:skunks skins are lovely, rather like the budget version of Colubus

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 31, 2005
                heh heh! sneaky! i like it! and even if they decide not to try to
                scrub it clean for the house but put it in their front garden./yard
                instead, every dog within a two mile radius is going to be sniffing
                round and pissing on it!
                Baphomiss

                <boneztreehgr@y...> wrote:
                > Interesting fact, Here in Nebraska, where I work, we have lots of
                landscaped evergreen trees. During the christmas/holiday season people
                looking for a cheap christmas tree frequent the park at night with an
                ax, waiting for the perfect opprotunity to cut a tree and run. We, in
                return, spray the easily accesable trees (about 100 of them) with fox
                urine. We get it by the 5 gallon bucket fulls from a fur farm. In the
                cold weather the smell is undetectable, but once you warm up that tree
                in your car, or worse, your house, you will think twice about stealing
                a tree.

                > Victoria Arundell <baphomiss@y...> wrote:skunks skins are lovely,
                rather like the budget version of Colubus
                > monkey fur. hard to understand why theyre not used more often but then
                > again, i havent smelled one! :)
                > Baphomiss
                >
                > .--- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, "wodensson"
                > <wodensson@y...> wrote:
                > > I understand what you're saying. I've got a real fondness for
                > > skunk fur myself, and friends don't come around often when you've
                > > been skinning those critters!
                > >
                > > > --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, "boneztreehgr"
                > > worlds
                > > > weirdest
                > > > others have
                > > It is hard to make friends when your
                > > > freezer is

                > Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Taxidermy Hobby Taxidermy
                supplies Bear taxidermy

                Service.