excited

  • boneztreehgr
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 17, 2005
      What an exciting site. Just when we all thought we were the worlds weirdest
      individuals... It is nice to know we are not alone. I'm one of the lucky few who get
      paid to pick-up, skin and use roadkill to teach public school children as well as
      feed owls, vultures, eagles and hawks by hand. AHHHH, roadkill, the other white
      meat. I am excited to have an hour or so to sit and read all that others have
      written, Thanks for beein here. It is hard to make friends when your freezer is
      constantly full and all your shirts are stained with blood.
    • Victoria Arundell
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 18, 2005
        you lucky guy! dead animals AND live ones? sweet! :)
        Baphomiss

        --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, "boneztreehgr"
        <boneztreehgr@y...> wrote:
        > What an exciting site. Just when we all thought we were the worlds
        weirdest
        > individuals... It is nice to know we are not alone. I'm one of the
        lucky few who get
        > paid to pick-up, skin and use roadkill to teach public school
        children as well as
        > feed owls, vultures, eagles and hawks by hand. AHHHH, roadkill, the
        other white
        > meat. I am excited to have an hour or so to sit and read all that
        others have
        > written, Thanks for beein here. It is hard to make friends when your
        freezer is
        > constantly full and all your shirts are stained with blood.
      • wodensson
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 18, 2005
          I understand what you're saying. I've got a real fondness for
          skunk fur myself, and friends don't come around often when you've
          been skinning those critters!

          > --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, "boneztreehgr"
          > <boneztreehgr@y...> wrote:
          > > What an exciting site. Just when we all thought we were the
          worlds
          > weirdest
          > > individuals... It is nice to know we are not alone. that
          > others have
          It is hard to make friends when your
          > freezer is
          > > constantly full and all your shirts are stained with blood.
        • Leslie
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 22, 2005
            Then they are not truly your friends now are they, ha ha ha... I had to try out the "blacklight" glow I had heard so much about concerning skunks and their musk glands, My landlord did'nt like me much (JOIN THE NEIGHBORS), but my little brother brought a plant light (some weird blacklight) and sure enough, skunk musk has phosphurescant (spelling ?) properties to it. Fox smells like skunk (yum), only earthier, I wonder if that would glow also.......
            -lincoln, ne

            wodensson <wodensson@...> wrote:
            I understand what you're saying. I've got a real fondness for
            skunk fur myself, and friends don't come around often when you've
            been skinning those critters!

            > --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, "boneztreehgr"
            > <boneztreehgr@y...> wrote:
            > > What an exciting site. Just when we all thought we were the
            worlds
            > weirdest
            > > individuals... It is nice to know we are not alone. that
            > others have
            It is hard to make friends when your
            > freezer is
            > > constantly full and all your shirts are stained with blood.

            Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Taxidermy Hobby Taxidermy supplies Bear taxidermy

          • wodensson
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 23, 2005
              Never tried that. I do know smelling of skunk as one of the best
              ways to get to the front of a long line, though!

              --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, Leslie <boneztreehgr@y...>
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 24, 2005
                skunks skins are lovely, rather like the budget version of Colubus
                monkey fur. hard to understand why theyre not used more often but then
                again, i havent smelled one! :)
                Baphomiss

                .--- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, "wodensson"

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 24, 2005
                  wow! you may have just invented a new way of fox hunting. instead of
                  going out with a lamp and looking for glowing eyes, go out with a
                  blacklight and look for glowing bums! lol!
                  Baphomiss

                  <boneztreehgr@y...> wrote:
                  > Then they are not truly your friends now are they, ha ha ha... I had
                  to try out the "blacklight" glow I had heard so much about concerning
                  skunks and their musk glands, My landlord did'nt like me much (JOIN
                  THE NEIGHBORS), but my little brother brought a plant light (some
                  weird blacklight) and sure enough, skunk musk has phosphurescant
                  (spelling ?) properties to it. Fox smells like skunk (yum), only
                  earthier, I wonder if that would glow also.......
                  > -lincoln, ne
                  >
                  > wodensson <wodensson@y...> wrote:
                  > I understand what you're saying. I've got a real fondness for
                  > skunk fur myself, and friends don't come around often when you've
                  > been skinning those critters!
                  >
                  > > --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, "boneztreehgr"
                  > > <boneztreehgr@y...> wrote:
                  > > > What an exciting site. Just when we all thought we were the
                  > worlds
                  > > weirdest
                  > > > individuals... It is nice to know we are not alone. that
                  > > others have
                  > It is hard to make friends when your wio
                  > > freezer is
                  > > > constantly full and all your shirts are stained with blood.

                  > Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Taxidermy Hobby Taxidermy
                  supplies Bear taxidermy

                  Service.

                • Leslie
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 24, 2005
                    Interesting fact, Here in Nebraska, where I work, we have lots of landscaped evergreen trees. During the christmas/holiday season people looking for a cheap christmas tree frequent the park at night with an ax, waiting for the perfect opprotunity to cut a tree and run. We, in return, spray the easily accesable trees (about 100 of them) with fox urine. We get it by the 5 gallon bucket fulls from a fur farm. In the cold weather the smell is undetectable, but once you warm up that tree in your car, or worse, your house, you will think twice about stealing a tree.

                    Victoria Arundell <baphomiss@...> wrote:skunks skins are lovely, rather like the budget version of Colubus

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 31, 2005
                      heh heh! sneaky! i like it! and even if they decide not to try to
                      scrub it clean for the house but put it in their front garden./yard
                      instead, every dog within a two mile radius is going to be sniffing
                      round and pissing on it!
                      Baphomiss

                      <boneztreehgr@y...> wrote:
                      > Interesting fact, Here in Nebraska, where I work, we have lots of
                      landscaped evergreen trees. During the christmas/holiday season people
                      looking for a cheap christmas tree frequent the park at night with an
                      ax, waiting for the perfect opprotunity to cut a tree and run. We, in
                      return, spray the easily accesable trees (about 100 of them) with fox
                      urine. We get it by the 5 gallon bucket fulls from a fur farm. In the
                      cold weather the smell is undetectable, but once you warm up that tree
                      in your car, or worse, your house, you will think twice about stealing
                      a tree.

                      > Victoria Arundell <baphomiss@y...> wrote:skunks skins are lovely,
                      rather like the budget version of Colubus
                      > monkey fur. hard to understand why theyre not used more often but then
                      > again, i havent smelled one! :)
                      > Baphomiss
                      >
                      > .--- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, "wodensson"
                      > <wodensson@y...> wrote:
                      > > I understand what you're saying. I've got a real fondness for
                      > > skunk fur myself, and friends don't come around often when you've
                      > > been skinning those critters!
                      > >
                      > > > --- In roadkillandtaxidermy@yahoogroups.com, "boneztreehgr"
                      > > worlds
                      > > > weirdest
                      > > > others have
                      > > It is hard to make friends when your
                      > > > freezer is

                      > Craft hobby Hobby and craft supply Taxidermy Hobby Taxidermy
                      supplies Bear taxidermy

                      Service.