Re: [rng-users] Schema with

  • Miloslav Hůla
    Message 1 of 7 , May 14, 2013
      >> I'm doing validation in PHP where support of Schematron is poor and
      >> difficult. I'll do additional validation on higher level.
      >
      > Schematron validation is pretty easy in PHP as you can transform
      > Schematron in XSLT.

      I was reading about that in your book. But it is not so straightforward
      like $doc->relaxNGValidate(). Seems to me, it is about XSLT support.

      Even if it works well, it brings new dependency on XSL PHP extension and
      adds memory stress. Due to that, I cannot use it in my app.

      Is there any way, how to validate by Relax NG containing Schematron? Or
      I must extract Schematron namespace and do it as you wrote?

      Thank you, Miloslav
    • Jirka Kosek
      Message 2 of 7 , May 14, 2013
        On 14.5.2013 16:39, Miloslav Hůla wrote:

        > Is there any way, how to validate by Relax NG containing Schematron? Or
        > I must extract Schematron namespace and do it as you wrote?

        There are some Java libraries supporting embeded Schematron in RELAX NG,
        but with PHP you have to extract Schematron into separate schema, then
        create transformation from it using Schematron skeleton and then run
        this transformation for validation.

        Jirka

        Jirka Kosek e-mail: jirka@... http://xmlguru.cz
        Bringing you XML Prague conference http://xmlprague.cz