How to make Jing to ignore errors

  • fekete_robert
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2012
      Hi,

      I am starting to use Jing to validate DocBook XML files, and have the following problem:

      If Jing finds a major error in a file, it stops processing the file. That way, I see only one error, everything else after the first one is hidden, so I cannot estimate how many errors there are in the file.

      Is it possible to just list the errors and continue processing?

      Sample file content:
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <!DOCTYPE section>
      <section xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook" version="5.0" xml:id="sql-template-legacy">
      <title>The Legacy template</title>
      <parameter>ssb_sql_messages_${R_YEAR}_${R_MONTH}</parameter> table. The
      following columns are created:</para>
      <itemizedlist>
      <listitem>
      <xi:include href="logging-common.xml"
      xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
      xpointer="xpointer(//listitem[@id='sql-insert_time']/*)"/>
      </listitem>
      <listitem>
      <xi:include href="logging-common.xml"
      xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
      xpointer="xpointer(//listitem[@id='sql-rule_id']/*)"/>
      </listitem>
      </itemizedlist>
      <para>Errors after the first xi:include are not listed.</para>
      </section>

      Command used to invoke Jing: java -jar -Dorg.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration=org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeParserConfiguration jing.jar

      The underlying Xerces is compiled from source and uses the following patch (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XERCESJ-1113), but I don't think it is related to the problem.

      Any help is appreciated.

      Kind Regards,

      Robert Fekete
    • George Cristian Bina
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2012
        Hi Robert,

        The problem you encounter is not reported by Jing, it is reported by
        Xerces. The error is a fatal error for the XInclude processing part from
        Xerces, if you disable that then you should not get any error from Jing.

        Best Regards,
        George
        --
        George Cristian Bina