UML-to-RNG

  • Piotr BaƄski
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2011
      Hello All,

      I've been wondering: whenever I seem to read about UML models getting
      mapped to XML, the target is either an instance, or XSD.

      Both James Clark [1] and Eric van der Vlist [2] mention that RNG appears
      to be a good[1]/perfect[2] target for mapping from UML, much better than
      XSD.

      [1]: http://www.thaiopensource.com/relaxng/design.html
      [2]: http://books.xmlschemata.org/relaxng/relax-CHP-14-SECT-3.html

      And hence my question: has anyone actually employed this kind of mapping
      and if so, may I please have a reference to a report on that or a link
      to a live project that uses UML->RNG mapping? Tried googling, failed...

      Many thanks in advance,

      Piotr