DTD Conversion using trang.

  • Casey Jordan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 11, 2011
      Hi Group,

      I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but on the trang page it suggested here.

      I am using trang via oxygen to convert DTD's to XSD, and am running into a strange problem. All my schema's have an import which is invalid and relates to the xsi namespace like so:

      <xs:import namespace="##xsi" schemaLocation="xsi.xsd"/>

      and it appears that there are alot of problems related to this throughout the converted schemas.

      I do not fully understand what is going on here but I am hoping someone can shed some light on this or point me in the right direction.

      Thanks,

      Casey

      Casey Jordan
      Jorsek Software LLC.
      "CaseyDJordan" on LinkedIn, Twitter & Facebook
      Cell (585) 348 7399
      Office (585) 239 6060
      Jorsek.com

      This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
      contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from
      disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient,
      please be advised that any disclosure  copying, distribution, or use of
      the information contained herein is prohibited.  If you have received
      this communication in error, please destroy all copies of the message,
      whether in electronic or hard copy format, as well as attachments, and
      immediately contact the sender by replying to this e-mail or by phone.
      Thank you.
    • John Cowan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 11, 2011
        Casey Jordan scripsit:

        > I am using trang via oxygen to convert DTD's to XSD, and am running into a
        > strange problem. All my schema's have an import which is invalid and relates
        > to the xsi namespace like so:
        >
        > <xs:import namespace="##xsi" schemaLocation="xsi.xsd"/>

        Trang doesn't know that xsi: is magic to XSD, and that it shouldn't
        generate an XSD schema for it. Just excise all references to importing
        xsi from the generated schemas.

        --
        John Cowan http://www.ccil.org/~cowan cowan@...
        The native charset of SMS messages supports English, French, mainland
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 11, 2011
          I think this is a bug in trang.  The XSD output module should do something sensible with xsi:* attributes (probably just strip them out of the generated schema).

          James

          Casey Jordan scripsit: