ID/IDREF validation with Jing

  • terrycatapano
    Message 1 of 8 , May 26, 2010
      I've been trying to use Jing (version 20091111) to validate some files against a W3C XML schema and it seems to not be reporting ID/IDREF errors. That is, while I get the following error from Xerces in oXygen:

      E [Xerces] cvc-id.1: There is no ID/IDREF binding for IDREF 'fid3xxxxx'.

      It does not get reported from by Jing (using xerces?) from the command line. It does report other errors such as "error: http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-schema-1#cvc-complex-type.2.3?[element]" for illegal text content, however.

      Is this something jing *should* be reporting? If so, is there something I may be getting wrong or should I report it as a bug?

      Thanks,

      Terry
    • George Cristian Bina
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010
        Although the IDREF checking is documented in Xerces as enabled by
        default that does not get enabled in Jing as its implementation for XML
        Schema validator extends from ParserConfigurationSettings and that does
        not contain this default so the feature needs to be explicitly turned
        on. The same issue appears for identity constraints checking.
        Please log this issue at
        http://code.google.com/p/jing-trang/issues/list
        and I will fix it.

        Best Regards,
        George
        --
        George Cristian Bina
        http://www.oxygenxml.com

        On 5/27/10 6:05 PM, Terry Catapano wrote:
        > Because, as I mentioned, it seems to be a Jing issue. When I validate
        > the file in oXygen (xerces v. 2.9.1) the ID/IDREF errors get reported.
        > They do not in Jing. Even if it is an issue with the particular
        > version of Xerces Jing is using, then it remains a Jing issue as it
        > would be then relying on a defective version. At any rate, the Jing
        > documentation refers to Xerces2-J, so I think that oXygen and Jing
        > might even be using the same version of Xerces. It's at least in the
        > same ballpark.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Terry
        >

        > On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 10:42 AM, Dave Pawson<dave.pawson@...> wrote:
        >> On 27 May 2010 15:04, Terry Catapano<thc4ster@...> wrote:
        >>
        >>> The issue is significant to me because
        >>>
        >>> a) I'd like to determine Jing's level of support for XSD validation.
        >>
        >> Again, it doesn't have any natively.
        >> It uses Xerces as has been pointed out.
        >> Why not ask on that list?
        >>
        >> regards