Re: [rmiug-discuss] Re: USENET access in Fort Collins?

  • Ron Rzepkowski
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 14, 2008
      Hello all,

      I have recently moved out to a place in the foothills of Northern Colorado
      (Bellvue Colorado). I am (happy to say) "I'm off the grid" which of course
      lends itself to certain resrictions, my dilemma is I require internet for
      working from home, where I require VPN Access. My company also has us
      running web-casts..... all of which traditional satellite provided internet
      services (Hughes Net and WildBlue) don't support well due to latency. I was
      wondering if by chance there are any others out there that have delt with
      this situation and how they resolved it.

      --
      Thanks,
      Ronald T. Rzepkowski

    • Andro Berkovic
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 14, 2008
        Hey Ronald.

        My in-laws used to live up in Bellevue - it is, indeed, beautiful
        views and next to no connectivity :) My father-in-law used to use
        packet radio; I'm not certain how feasible a solution that is, but
        only alternative I can think of depends on cellphone coverage, and
        from what I remember, there is next to none there.

        Andro

        2008/8/14 Ron Rzepkowski <zronster@...>:
        > Hello all,
        >
        > I have recently moved out to a place in the foothills of Northern Colorado
        > (Bellvue Colorado). I am (happy to say) "I'm off the grid" which of course
        > lends itself to certain resrictions, my dilemma is I require internet for
        > working from home, where I require VPN Access. My company also has us
        > running web-casts..... all of which traditional satellite provided internet
        > services (Hughes Net and WildBlue) don't support well due to latency. I was
        > wondering if by chance there are any others out there that have delt with
        > this situation and how they resolved it.
        >
        > --
        > Thanks,
        > Ronald T. Rzepkowski
        > 303.725.8858

        Andro Berkovic

        "Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet,
        consectetur, adipisci velit..."