RE: [rlcpb] RLCer Sanchez reports on spending revolt in Palm Beach

  • Jose Stelle
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2006
      Dear RLCrs:

      Point of order, please: Comparing a (I imagine peaceful) tax protest outside
      the PB County Comissioners' headquarters with the Boston Tea Party is in the
      category of false analogy (English Comp 101, remember?). The Boston Tea
      Party was a case of direct action, not of polite or hopeful talk. Next time,
      do something more dramatic. It is not in the nature of power to give up
      power, as Ghandi and Martin Luther King well knew. When this unrighteous
      power is backed up by party-based elections (Oh, the excellencies of
      democracy!) and consequent legislative tyranny, not to mention a mind-numing
      collectivist education down at the base of everything, then your chances of
      success are proportionally diminished.

      Or else let us pay our taxes on time.

      Hypocritically yours (as this is a suggestion by one who was not even there
      to earn the right to speak) . . .

      Jose Stelle