Dick Armey's efforts to stop base closings in Florida

  • franiii@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19, 2005
      Hi everyone,

      Attached is a message I sent to the headquarters of FreedomWorks, which was co-founded by Dick Armey.  I would very much appreciate your help in supporting this message with FreedomWorks and Mr. Armey, and especially getting other libertarians to oppose Armey's unseemly pork-barrel lobbying.

      Thanks for your help,
      Frank Bubb

      Here's the message I sent to FreedomWorks:

      I am a member of FreedomWorks in Florida, and I would appreciate your passing this message along to Dick Armey.

      Dear Mr. Armey:

      I joined FreedomWorks recently because I believe in a free society in which government performs only its legitimate functions and does not distribute "pork" to political favorites.  Therefore, I was dismayed to read in a recent issue of Time that you are part of a team of lobbyists to whom Jeb Bush is paying $50,000 per month of Florida taxpayer money to lobby to get the Bush administration to keep 21 military bases in Florida which the Pentagon has decided are militarily unnecessary.

      I remember when you were principled - when you fought in Congress to close unnecessary military bases.  But I guess you now have your price.  Shame on you.  I intend to make a HUGE issue of this in FreedomWorks, here in Florida and around the country.  If you don't have the character to drop this representation at once, maybe you'll respond to a little lobbying from the organization you co-founded.

      I would very much appreciate hearing from you.

      Sincerely,
      Frank Bubb