School choice meeting, Atlantis, Feb. 7

  • Philip Blumel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2007
      Forwarded from George Blumel:

      Speaking of School Choice, I'd like to invite any RLCer in the area
      to our Republican Club of Central Palm Beach County meeting on
      Wednesday Feb. 7th at the Atlantis Country Club. It is open to all
      Republicans and guests whether members or not. We are noted for our
      interesting speakers and discussions. The Club is also pursuing
      possible voting irregularities stemming from voters registered in
      Palm Beach county and other states. It is a pleasant evening of
      fellowship and serious information for a more informed membership.

      Our speaker will be Nick Loeb and his subject is School Choice in
      Florida. This was one of Jeb Bush's primary interests and in spite
      of fierce opposition from the unions and die-hard Dems he had some
      success. There are groups carrying on the fight to free up
      education and our speaker is in that fight in Florida and will tell
      us about it.

      The Club meets the first Wednesday of each month at the Atlantis
      Country Club (not a private club), 190 Atlantis Drive in the City of
      Atlantis. 6 PM to 7:30 PM or a little later depending on the Q &
      A. After a social period the meeting begins at 6:30 PM. We have a
      drink from the bar and nice hors d'oeuvres. $12 members, $15 non-
      members; the drink and food is worth it. Membership is $25 annually
      due in February.

      Directions: Exit off of I-95 is Lantana Rd --go west to Congress
      Ave and turn north (right) --immediately get in the left land and
      turn into Atlantis at the light --that is the main entrance to the
      city. Go past the guard house to the STOP sign and turn right onto
      Atlantis Drive. The restaurant is on your left just after going
      around a curve. There is also an entrance off of Military Tr. --
      Call if you need help: Geo. Blumel 561-543-4971 or Bill Skinner 561-
      433-1170