Re: TONIGHT: Carlos Ball on U.S./Latin American relations

  • Philip Blumel
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2006
      Friends,

      The meeting last night was great. Karl Dickey (RLC-endorsed
      candidate for State Senate District 30) made a short presentation
      about his campaign prior to Carlos' talk.

      Then Carlos talked about how U.S. policy hurts our interests in
      Latin America and pointed to five policy prescriptions to improve
      relations and to encourage the pro-liberty elements in Latin America:

      1) Expand free trade and investment with the Americas
      2) Expand legal immigration
      3) Ease travel restrictions between U.S. and Latin America
      4) Stop U.S. foreign aid to latin American governments
      5) Stop U.S. intervention in latin America in the name of the Drug
      War

      -- Philip Blumel, www.rlcfl.org

      --- In rlcpb@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Blumel" <pblumel@...> wrote:

      > Carlos Ball, an adjunct scholar at the libertarian Cato Institute,
      > will be speaking at 6 p.m. tonight Oct. 4 to the Central Palm
      Beach
      > County Republican club, which meets at the Atlantis Country Club,
      > 190 Atlantis Blvd. The public is invited.
      >
      > Ball, a Venezuelan, runs Agencia Interamericana de Prensa
      Económica