Limbaugh = bin Laden?

  • Philip Blumel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2006
      "For every Osama bin Laden and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi we can show a Bill
      O'Reilly, an Ann Coulter, a Rush Limbaugh, a Glenn Beck and a Sean
      Hannity. Idiocy parades unashamed in the streets on both sides of the
      war on terror."

      --Letter to the Editor, Michael Browning, Palm Beach Post, July 2
    • Bryan K. Donnelly
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2006
        When looking on the "logic" of the left, it is useful to remember the
        words of Bobby Burns' great poem "To a louse." "Oh wad some power the
        giftie gie us to see ourselves as ithers see us!'

        It is quite evident that the author of this letter to the left wing
        Palm Beach Post (Pravda on Lake Worth)has absolutely NO concept of haw
        uttely absurd his comparison, nor how completely ridiculous he appears.

        He sounds like Randi Rhodes with PMS.

        --- In rlcpb@yahoogroups.com, "Philip Blumel" <pblumel@...> wrote:

        > "For every Osama bin Laden and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi we can show a
        Bill
        > O'Reilly, an Ann Coulter, a Rush Limbaugh, a Glenn Beck and a Sean
        > Hannity. Idiocy parades unashamed in the streets on both sides of
        the
        > war on terror."
        >
        > --Letter to the Editor, Michael Browning, Palm Beach Post, July 2

      • Tom W.
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2006
          > He sounds like Randi Rhodes with PMS.

          Wait a minute, Randi Rhodes has constant PMS! Rhodes is abrasive and disrespectful to everyone, even to those who agree with her. The only times she's cordial is to guests to whom she's trying to kiss up. About 2% of the time, she has valid points to make, but her partisanship, nasty demeanor and annoying nasal whine make it hard to take her seriously.

          Speaking of talk radio, I find it harder and harder to listen to AM talk. Ever listen to 1290 or 610 AM? "Continuous Team Coverage of Maroone's Blockbuster Summer Sales Event." It's typical Clear Channel cookie-cutter reporting. The news is shallow, populist, and certainly NOT pro-free market or individual liberty. And unfortunately, I don't get much out of Rush anymore. The only thing 1290 is good for is traffic, and 1340 seems to be one big hotbed of amateurism with 50% of airtime devoted to commercials.

          Don't gasp, but I find NPR programming to be much more interesting and informative. I may have made this point before, but any intelligent person can filter out the hokey leftism in some their reporting. Hey, I heard Tim Condon on there once talking about the Free State Project, and Michael Tanner of CATO talking about Social Security reform. You'll only hear things like this on 1290 when Walter Williams guest-hosts for Rush.

          Tom

          "Bryan K. Donnelly" <bryan.k.donnelly@...> wrote:
          When looking on the "logic" of the left, it is useful to remember the
          words of Bobby Burns' great poem "To a louse." "Oh wad some power the
          giftie gie us to see ourselves as ithers see us!'

          It is quite evident that the author of this letter to the left wing
          Palm Beach Post (Pravda on Lake Worth)has absolutely NO concept of haw
          uttely absurd his comparison, nor how completely ridiculous he appears.

          He sounds like Randi Rhodes with PMS.

          Do you Yahoo!?