Karl Dickey for Florida Senate News Release

  • Karl Dickey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2006
      Karl Dickey for Florida Senate
      www.dickey2006.org
      5970 SW 18th ST #331
      Boca Raton, FL 33433-7197
      888-298-6837
      561-362-4229 (fax)
      vote4karl@...

      For Immediate Release

      Operation Magnum Force is a Farce

      BOCA RATON, FLORIDA, June 5, 2006– Today Karl Dickey
      responded to the recent effort by various local and
      Federal law enforcement to arrest 23 suspects in Palm
      Beach County for consipiracy to produce and distribute
      drugs.
      Karl Dickey said, "It sounds fantastic that our law
      enforcement is keeping us safer by keep drugs off the
      street, especially with operational names such as
      Magnum Force. But let's looks at the facts. The idea
      the DEA has eliminated a drug ring is ludacrous as
      another drug gang will quickly move in their place.
      The net effect to secure our neighborhoods is zero.
      They claim to be about zero tolerance, however it is
      really about zero effect. The only success the DEA has
      had is with qualudes, outside of that one drug, the
      DEA has been DOA (dead on arrival)."
      Perhaps a better use of our tax dollars and the use
      of our talented law enforcement officers would be to
      go after violent crime and theft of property. Law
      enforcement will say that these issues are the result
      of "drug-related" crime. What they do not tell you is
      that it is actually the direct result of drug
      prohibition - similar to what we saw with alcohol
      prohibition decades ago. We finally saw the results of
      such prohibition and made alcohol legal once again, we
      need to do the same with drugs today. Drugs were not
      always illegal and it was not until they became
      illegal that they became the huge problem we are
      dealing with today.
      Karl Dickey added, "Drug abuse is bad, but the drug
      war is worse. We need innovative solutions to this
      issue as what we have been doing and been spending the
      last three decades has been obscene."

      ---END---