Independent Policy Forum on Eminent Domain to be shown on CSPAN2

  • T.W.
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17, 2006
      In the aftermath of the U.S. Supreme Court's Kelo
      decision regarding
      eminent domain, we are delighted to inform you that
      our recent
      Independent Policy Forum, "Eminent Domain: Abuse of
      Government Power?", will air
      on C-SPAN2 on Sunday, March 19th.

      Here is the exact airing time:

      Sunday, March 19th, 1:15 p.m. ET (10:15 a.m. PT)

      The program features presentations by:

      STEVEN GREENHUT, Senior Editorial Writer, Orange
      County Register, and
      author of Abuse of Power: How the Government Misuses
      Eminent Domain.

      TIMOTHY SANDEFUR, Staff Attorney, Pacific Legal

      For more information on Eminent Domain, please see the
      recent article
      by our Senior Fellow Bruce Benson, "The Mythology of
      Holdout as
      Justification for Eminent Domain and Public Provision
      of Roads," from The
      Independent Review (Fall 2005):

      Please also see our book, THE VOLUNTARY CITY: Choice,
      Community and
      Civil Society, by David Beito, Peter Gordon, and
      Alexander Tabarrok:

      If you wish to request additional airing times, please
      send requests to

      We hope that you can tune in to watch this very
      important and
      far-reaching program on C-SPAN2.

      Best regards,

      David J. Theroux
      Founder and President
      The Independent Institute
      100 Swan Way
      Oakland, CA 94621
      (510) 632-1366 Phone
      (510) 568-6040 Fax

      To subscribe or unsubscribe, please go to The
      Lighthouse page:
      Enter your
      email address, select "Subscribe" or "Unsubscribe",
      and click "Submit".

      Do You Yahoo!?