Re: Food For Thought

  • ltrynidy
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 28, 2013
      It would be an interestimg twist in the plot. And i can tell that you have a great imagination. I love to write books. Ive managed to write a couple of my own. Although i keep them to myself. Its hard to put your imagination into a working novel sometimes.
      --- In rkmfans@yahoogroups.com, "Alicia" <hipchic152008@...> wrote:

      > yeah. i knew it was a jump for things but thought it'd be a good twist. but hey it's fantasy right. anything can happen. lol. i figure if Moiri and Dhampirs produce more Dhampirs why not 2 Dhampirs producing a Moiri. I think it'd be cool on the level of Rose and Dimitri having a child at all as well as throwing in the political aspect of it. Rose's dad wasn't royal but if i'm not mistaken Dimitri's was. So where would that put their only moiri child. plus it could go on to tell more of how moiri actually grew up compared to dhampirs. i have a very wild imagiinationn when it comes to books. sadly i can't seem to write any of my own though.
      >
      > --- In rkmfans@yahoogroups.com, "ltrynidy" <ltrynidy@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am a huge stickler for science. I especially love gentics. It seems like since they're half and half that itd be possible but no. Vampires and Humans are different but similar species so they can mate but if you stick to the science then the offspring should be sterile. It is much like the mating of a horse and donkey to produce mules. Or lions and tigers to have tigons or ligers. In all science dhampirs should not be able to have any children. They should all be sterile. However, the series would not be what it is if the dhampirs could not have children with the moroi. I don't mean to rain on the parade. I just wanted to state that. Although your idea is interesting.

    • ltrynidy
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 28, 2013
        Creative writing is really fun. I find that if you sit down with a pen and a piece if paper and just write the first thing that comes to your mind it helps. Even if the first thing is something silly like the goat chased the chicken or the mouse bit the cat. Just something. It helps to open up the mind. You would just sit for five minutes or so, just writing random thoughts down. It has helped me. Its a trick one of my english teachers taught my class and it helped.

        --- In rkmfans@yahoogroups.com, "Alicia" <hipchic152008@...> wrote:

        > yeah. i knew it was a jump for things but thought it'd be a good twist. but hey it's fantasy right. anything can happen. lol. i figure if Moiri and Dhampirs produce more Dhampirs why not 2 Dhampirs producing a Moiri. I think it'd be cool on the level of Rose and Dimitri having a child at all as well as throwing in the political aspect of it. Rose's dad wasn't royal but if i'm not mistaken Dimitri's was. So where would that put their only moiri child. plus it could go on to tell more of how moiri actually grew up compared to dhampirs. i have a very wild imagiinationn when it comes to books. sadly i can't seem to write any of my own though.
        >
        > --- In rkmfans@yahoogroups.com, "ltrynidy" <ltrynidy@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I am a huge stickler for science. I especially love gentics. It seems like since they're half and half that itd be possible but no. Vampires and Humans are different but similar species so they can mate but if you stick to the science then the offspring should be sterile. It is much like the mating of a horse and donkey to produce mules. Or lions and tigers to have tigons or ligers. In all science dhampirs should not be able to have any children. They should all be sterile. However, the series would not be what it is if the dhampirs could not have children with the moroi. I don't mean to rain on the parade. I just wanted to state that. Although your idea is interesting.

      • Kurt Feltenberger
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 28, 2013
          On 3/27/2013 11:39 PM, Alicia wrote:
          > yeah. i knew it was a jump for things but thought it'd be a good twist. but hey it's fantasy right. anything can happen. lol. i figure if Moiri and Dhampirs produce more Dhampirs why not 2 Dhampirs producing a Moiri. I think it'd be cool on the level of Rose and Dimitri having a child at all as well as throwing in the political aspect of it. Rose's dad wasn't royal but if i'm not mistaken Dimitri's was. So where would that put their only moiri child. plus it could go on to tell more of how moiri actually grew up compared to dhampirs. i have a very wild imagiinationn when it comes to books. sadly i can't seem to write any of my own though.

          If two dhamphirs can have offspring, particularly if they can have moroi
          offspring, then it would seriously upset the balance of power and
          obligation within the society. The children would likely be shunned by
          the "true" moroi and it could very well cause a schism or at worst, a
          genocide.

          --
          Kurt Feltenberger
          kurt@.../kfeltenberger@...
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 28, 2013
            yeah. I'm pretty good at writing poems. not sayin i'm the best or anything. but i've had a few published in poetry books both for children and adults. i'm just no good at writing books. everytime i try to start one it always somehow winds up bein a poem or two. lol. i've tried gettin advice from one of my friends who i swear could be the next richelle mead if she'd just finish the stories she's started and i've even helped her come up with ideas for her current or next stories. i just can't write them myself. :(
            --- In rkmfans@yahoogroups.com, "ltrynidy" <ltrynidy@...> wrote:

            > Creative writing is really fun. I find that if you sit down with a pen and a piece if paper and just write the first thing that comes to your mind it helps. Even if the first thing is something silly like the goat chased the chicken or the mouse bit the cat. Just something. It helps to open up the mind. You would just sit for five minutes or so, just writing random thoughts down. It has helped me. Its a trick one of my english teachers taught my class and it helped.
            >
            > --- In rkmfans@yahoogroups.com, "Alicia" <hipchic152008@> wrote:
            > >
            > > yeah. i knew it was a jump for things but thought it'd be a good twist. but hey it's fantasy right. anything can happen. lol. i figure if Moiri and Dhampirs produce more Dhampirs why not 2 Dhampirs producing a Moiri. I think it'd be cool on the level of Rose and Dimitri having a child at all as well as throwing in the political aspect of it. Rose's dad wasn't royal but if i'm not mistaken Dimitri's was. So where would that put their only moiri child. plus it could go on to tell more of how moiri actually grew up compared to dhampirs. i have a very wild imagiinationn when it comes to books. sadly i can't seem to write any of my own though.
            > >
            > > --- In rkmfans@yahoogroups.com, "ltrynidy" <ltrynidy@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I am a huge stickler for science. I especially love gentics. It seems like since they're half and half that itd be possible but no. Vampires and Humans are different but similar species so they can mate but if you stick to the science then the offspring should be sterile. It is much like the mating of a horse and donkey to produce mules. Or lions and tigers to have tigons or ligers. In all science dhampirs should not be able to have any children. They should all be sterile. However, the series would not be what it is if the dhampirs could not have children with the moroi. I don't mean to rain on the parade. I just wanted to state that. Although your idea is interesting.

          • Alicia
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 28, 2013
              yeah. I'm pretty good at writing poems. not sayin i'm the best or anything. but i've had a few published in poetry books both for children and adults. i'm just no good at writing books. everytime i try to start one it always somehow winds up bein a poem or two. lol. i've tried gettin advice from one of my friends who i swear could be the next richelle mead if she'd just finish the stories she's started and i've even helped her come up with ideas for her current or next stories. i just can't write them myself. :(
              --- In rkmfans@yahoogroups.com, "ltrynidy" <ltrynidy@...> wrote:

              > Creative writing is really fun. I find that if you sit down with a pen and a piece if paper and just write the first thing that comes to your mind it helps. Even if the first thing is something silly like the goat chased the chicken or the mouse bit the cat. Just something. It helps to open up the mind. You would just sit for five minutes or so, just writing random thoughts down. It has helped me. Its a trick one of my english teachers taught my class and it helped.
              >
              > --- In rkmfans@yahoogroups.com, "Alicia" <hipchic152008@> wrote:
              > >
              > > yeah. i knew it was a jump for things but thought it'd be a good twist. but hey it's fantasy right. anything can happen. lol. i figure if Moiri and Dhampirs produce more Dhampirs why not 2 Dhampirs producing a Moiri. I think it'd be cool on the level of Rose and Dimitri having a child at all as well as throwing in the political aspect of it. Rose's dad wasn't royal but if i'm not mistaken Dimitri's was. So where would that put their only moiri child. plus it could go on to tell more of how moiri actually grew up compared to dhampirs. i have a very wild imagiinationn when it comes to books. sadly i can't seem to write any of my own though.
              > >
              > > --- In rkmfans@yahoogroups.com, "ltrynidy" <ltrynidy@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I am a huge stickler for science. I especially love gentics. It seems like since they're half and half that itd be possible but no. Vampires and Humans are different but similar species so they can mate but if you stick to the science then the offspring should be sterile. It is much like the mating of a horse and donkey to produce mules. Or lions and tigers to have tigons or ligers. In all science dhampirs should not be able to have any children. They should all be sterile. However, the series would not be what it is if the dhampirs could not have children with the moroi. I don't mean to rain on the parade. I just wanted to state that. Although your idea is interesting.

            • ltrynidy
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 28, 2013
                Poetry is amazing. And being able to write poetry is a great ability.
                --- In rkmfans@yahoogroups.com, "Alicia" <hipchic152008@...> wrote:

                > yeah. I'm pretty good at writing poems. not sayin i'm the best or anything. but i've had a few published in poetry books both for children and adults. i'm just no good at writing books. everytime i try to start one it always somehow winds up bein a poem or two. lol. i've tried gettin advice from one of my friends who i swear could be the next richelle mead if she'd just finish the stories she's started and i've even helped her come up with ideas for her current or next stories. i just can't write them myself. :(
                > --- In rkmfans@yahoogroups.com, "ltrynidy" <ltrynidy@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Creative writing is really fun. I find that if you sit down with a pen and a piece if paper and just write the first thing that comes to your mind it helps. Even if the first thing is something silly like the goat chased the chicken or the mouse bit the cat. Just something. It helps to open up the mind. You would just sit for five minutes or so, just writing random thoughts down. It has helped me. Its a trick one of my english teachers taught my class and it helped.
                > >
                > > --- In rkmfans@yahoogroups.com, "Alicia" <hipchic152008@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > yeah. i knew it was a jump for things but thought it'd be a good twist. but hey it's fantasy right. anything can happen. lol. i figure if Moiri and Dhampirs produce more Dhampirs why not 2 Dhampirs producing a Moiri. I think it'd be cool on the level of Rose and Dimitri having a child at all as well as throwing in the political aspect of it. Rose's dad wasn't royal but if i'm not mistaken Dimitri's was. So where would that put their only moiri child. plus it could go on to tell more of how moiri actually grew up compared to dhampirs. i have a very wild imagiinationn when it comes to books. sadly i can't seem to write any of my own though.

              • Alicia
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 1, 2013
                  --- In rkmfans@yahoogroups.com, "ltrynidy" <ltrynidy@...> wrote:
                  >yes. poetry is awesome. But let me explain it this way, have you ever been good at something and really enjoyed doing it but it wasn't something you were truly passionate about? I love writing poems and all but I'm so much more passionate about books and songs. I just wish I could take my poem writing ability and apply it to writing books or songs. Then I'd truly be happy.
                  >
                  > Poetry is amazing. And being able to write poetry is a great ability.
                  > --- In rkmfans@yahoogroups.com, "Alicia" <hipchic152008@> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > yeah. I'm pretty good at writing poems. not sayin i'm the best or anything. but i've had a few published in poetry books both for children and adults. i'm just no good at writing books. everytime i try to start one it always somehow winds up bein a poem or two. lol. i've tried gettin advice from one of my friends who i swear could be the next richelle mead if she'd just finish the stories she's started and i've even helped her come up with ideas for her current or next stories. i just can't write them myself. :(
                  > > --- In rkmfans@yahoogroups.com, "ltrynidy" <ltrynidy@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Creative writing is really fun. I find that if you sit down with a pen and a piece if paper and just write the first thing that comes to your mind it helps. Even if the first thing is something silly like the goat chased the chicken or the mouse bit the cat. Just something. It helps to open up the mind. You would just sit for five minutes or so, just writing random thoughts down. It has helped me. Its a trick one of my english teachers taught my class and it helped.

                • ltrynidy
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 1, 2013
                    Your issue with poetry is like my issue with singing. I am good when I am alone or in a group but I get nervous and become not so good when it comes to singing in front of people alone. I love singing but I'm not as passionate about it as I am about playing clarinet. Playing the clarinet is something I am good at and I am passionate about. I love to play for people and I am able to do it solo.

                    --- In rkmfans@yahoogroups.com, "Alicia" <hipchic152008@...> wrote:

                    > --- In rkmfans@yahoogroups.com, "ltrynidy" <ltrynidy@> wrote:
                    > >yes. poetry is awesome. But let me explain it this way, have you ever been good at something and really enjoyed doing it but it wasn't something you were truly passionate about? I love writing poems and all but I'm so much more passionate about books and songs. I just wish I could take my poem writing ability and apply it to writing books or songs. Then I'd truly be happy.
                    > >
                    > > Poetry is amazing. And being able to write poetry is a great ability.
                    > > --- In rkmfans@yahoogroups.com, "Alicia" <hipchic152008@> wrote:
                    > > >

                    > > > yeah. I'm pretty good at writing poems. not sayin i'm the best or anything. but i've had a few published in poetry books both for children and adults. i'm just no good at writing books. everytime i try to start one it always somehow winds up bein a poem or two. lol. i've tried gettin advice from one of my friends who i swear could be the next richelle mead if she'd just finish the stories she's started and i've even helped her come up with ideas for her current or next stories. i just can't write them myself. :(

                  • R C
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 1, 2013
                      Hi,
                      Could I make a small request? Could people if replying to a message please trim for inbox friendliness? This series of messages has become ridiculously long and very difficult to read. What exactly are people replying to?

                      Thanks

                      ballroomdancer13
                      PS - Good on ya, Itrynidy, I used to play flute at school. I stopped when I hit Uni because I couldn't devote the time to practice. Now I dance. : )

                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 1, 2013
                        If you start from the bottom and go to the top, the messages are in order. And sometimes instruments aren't for everyone. I am planning to continue on with my clarinet. But dancing is fun.

                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 1, 2013
                          On 4/1/2013 10:13 PM, ltrynidy wrote:
                          > If you start from the bottom and go to the top, the messages are in order. And sometimes instruments aren't for everyone. I am planning to continue on with my clarinet. But dancing is fun.
                          >
                          > --- Inrkmfans@yahoogroups.com, R C<rc.rc23@...> wrote:
                          >> >
                          >> >Hi,
                          >> >Could I make a small request? Could people if replying to a message please trim for inbox friendliness? This series of messages has become ridiculously long and very difficult to read. What exactly are people replying to?

                          Folks,

                          Just a friendly note from the List Admin on this issue...

                          Please trim your posts to the message you're replying to and perhaps
                          some of whatever that message replied to if it is necessary. There is no
                          reason to quote the last *7* replies, especially when the subject has
                          wandered far from the original topic. Trimming posts is good netiquette
                          and shows respect for the other list members since not everyone will be
                          reading the posts on a computer.

                          Kurt Feltenberger
                          List Admin - RKMFans