Houston Audio Society Oct Meeting invite

  • wardsweb
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 10, 2012
      I'm passing this on from Fred in Houston.

      If any RCA members would like to carpool to Houston for a HAS meeting, next month's meeting might be a good choice. The two unrelated topics are an audition of my new line arrays downstairs and comparing standmount speaker upstairs. We'll also be auditioning Dennis Deacon's new D-Sonic high power class D monoblocks. We start at 11:30 and plan to order pizza about noon. If anybody will be coming from San Antonio they are invited to bring a pair of standmount speakers. A vintage pair would be especially nice to compare to some contemporary designs.

      Fred
    • vintagehifisteve
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 10, 2012
        Thanks Luther,

        Do you know which day it will be held on? I'm working on a snazzy pair of bookshelf speakers which should be done by then. It would also be neat to meet the Houston Audio Society and it's members.

        Thanks,
        Steven

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 10, 2012
          October 6th starting at 11:30 at Fred's house on the east side of Houston.

          Directions:

          The subdivision is off of Eldridge Parkway in Northwest Houston. Coming from I-10, go North about 4.5 miles on Eldridge Pkwy.

          The entrance street is Lakes On Eldridge Blvd.
          It's the only light between Clay Rd and Tanner Rd.
          The Subdivision is gated/guarded.
          I'll notify the security guard to admit you when you tell him/her you're coming to Fred Thompson's house.
          After you drive through the gate, TURN LEFT EVERY TIME YOU COME TO A STOP SIGN:
          Left on Lake Shore Ridge
          Left on Lake Center Run
          Left on Summer Falls
          Left on Emerald Brook
          After you have turned left onto Emerald Brook you will be facing my house, which is a red brick two story at the bend in the road.
          The address is 12110 Medina Bend Lane.

          --- In mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com, "wardsweb" <wardsweb@...> wrote:

          > I'm passing this on from Fred in Houston.
          >
          > If any RCA members would like to carpool to Houston for a HAS meeting, next month's meeting might be a good choice. The two unrelated topics are an audition of my new line arrays downstairs and comparing standmount speaker upstairs. We'll also be auditioning Dennis Deacon's new D-Sonic high power class D monoblocks. We start at 11:30 and plan to order pizza about noon. If anybody will be coming from San Antonio they are invited to bring a pair of standmount speakers. A vintage pair would be especially nice to compare to some contemporary designs.
          >
          > Fred

        • vintagehifisteve
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 10, 2012
            Thanks Luther,

            I think I'll be attending, though I'll most likely be staying the night in Houston.

            -Steven

            --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, Wardsweb <wardsweb@...> wrote:

            > October 6th starting at 11:30 at Fred's house on the east side of Houston.
            >
            > Directions:
            >
            > The subdivision is off of Eldridge Parkway in Northwest Houston. Coming from I-10, go North about 4.5 miles on Eldridge Pkwy.
            >
            > The entrance street is Lakes On Eldridge Blvd.
            > It's the only light between Clay Rd and Tanner Rd.
            > The Subdivision is gated/guarded.
            > I'll notify the security guard to admit you when you tell him/her you're coming to Fred Thompson's house.
            > After you drive through the gate, TURN LEFT EVERY TIME YOU COME TO A STOP SIGN:
            > Left on Lake Shore Ridge
            > Left on Lake Center Run
            > Left on Summer Falls
            > Left on Emerald Brook
            > After you have turned left onto Emerald Brook you will be facing my house, which is a red brick two story at the bend in the road.
            > The address is 12110 Medina Bend Lane.

          • wardsweb
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 10, 2012
              I will be driving over for the HAS meeting. Let me know if anyone would like to tag along. I'm taking the Mark & Daniel speakers.

              Luther

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 10, 2012
                Luther,
                I would be interested in tagging  along if you have room
                Alan

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 10, 2012
                  Ok Alan you're #1. At this point, you don't even have to call shotgun. We will be going in my wife's SUV, so we will have more room to haul speakers.