September Meeting Info & Pictures

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 5, 2012
      The RCAS meeting last Saturday at Bjorn's was a lot of fun and a bit of a shocker (at least for me). Class D amplifiers have had a reputation of sounding "digital", edgy, harsh, poor imaging etc. This category of amplifiers has been developed considerable in recent years as companies look for ways to build less costly products and also meet consumer needs for 5 or seven channel home theater receivers and integrated amps. The two class D systems we listened to on Saturday were really good. If it had been a blind test I could not have guessed they were class D. We matched them with fine equipment, Focal bookshelfs, Sony SACD CD player, good interconnects & speakers wire. I think all in attendance will attest to my comments. The music sounded great!

      Anyway, I have posted some of Don's photos on the web site for your review. Enjoy and see you at the next meeting. I certainly enjoyed this one!

      Bob
    • vintagehifisteve
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 6, 2012
        I agree, the RCAS meeting was really nice. I think we had a hell of a good sounding setup with both amps and I hope it opened peoples eyes to see how far class D has come in recent years. Thanks to all who came out and all the positive comments. If anyone would like more information on the amp I brought, feel free to ask.

        Thanks,
        Steven

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 6, 2012
          Also,
          If anybody would like to hear the Raptors with my Maggie 3.6's
          just let me know. Everybody is welcome.
          Also I have two suggestions for our next meeting
          1) listening session with the new Carver Black Beauty amps
          2) Intercennect shootout
          Alan

          I agree, the RCAS meeting was really nice. I think we had a hell of a good sounding setup with both amps and I hope it opened peoples eyes to see how far class D has come in recent years. Thanks to all who came out and all the positive comments. If anyone would like more information on the amp I brought, feel free to ask.

          Thanks,
          Steven

          --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <godzilla56@...> wrote:

          > The RCAS meeting last Saturday at Bjorn's was a lot of fun and a bit of a shocker (at least for me). Class D amplifiers have had a reputation of sounding "digital", edgy, harsh, poor imaging etc. This category of amplifiers has been developed considerable in recent years as companies look for ways to build less costly products and also meet consumer needs for 5 or seven channel home theater receivers and integrated amps. The two class D systems we listened to on Saturday were really good. If it had been a blind test I could not have guessed they were class D. We matched them with fine equipment, Focal bookshelfs, Sony SACD CD player, good interconnects & speakers wire. I think all in attendance will attest to my comments. The music sounded great!
          >
          > Anyway, I have posted some of Don's photos on the web site for your review. Enjoy and see you at the next meeting. I certainly enjoyed this one!
          >
          > Bob

        • Matt Solorio
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 6, 2012
            Alan, those are great suggestions. If Ulysis is game, it would be awesome to get a Carver listening session next.

            In addition, I would love to hear the Raptors with your Maggie's.

            BTW, the last RCAS meeting was another great one. Very fun and interesting as always.

            ---Matt

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 6, 2012
              Matt,
              Just pick a day and time and let's get together
              Alan

              I agree, the RCAS meeting was really nice. I think we had a hell of a good sounding setup with both amps and I hope it opened peoples eyes to see how far class D has come in recent years. Thanks to all who came out and all the positive comments. If anyone would like more information on the amp I brought, feel free to ask.

              Thanks,
              Steven

              --- In mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <godzilla56@...> wrote:

              > The RCAS meeting last Saturday at Bjorn's was a lot of fun and a bit of a shocker (at least for me). Class D amplifiers have had a reputation of sounding "digital", edgy, harsh, poor imaging etc. This category of amplifiers has been developed considerable in recent years as companies look for ways to build less costly products and also meet consumer needs for 5 or seven channel home theater receivers and integrated amps. The two class D systems we listened to on Saturday were really good. If it had been a blind test I could not have guessed they were class D. We matched them with fine equipment, Focal bookshelfs, Sony SACD CD player, good interconnects & speakers wire. I think all in attendance will attest to my comments. The music sounded great!
              >
              > Anyway, I have posted some of Don's photos on the web site for your review. Enjoy and see you at the next meeting. I certainly enjoyed this one!
              >
              > Bob

            • Matt Solorio
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 7, 2012
                Alan, would tomorrow (Saturday) around 1 work? If not, how about either the 22nd or 29th?

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 7, 2012
                  Matt
                  Tomorrow would be great about 1:00
                  In case you forgot
                  4910 Ty Terrace apt 4
                  630-835-6054
                  Alan

                  Alan, would tomorrow (Saturday) around 1 work? If not, how about either the 22nd or 29th?

                  ---Matt

                  Just pick a day and time and let's get together
                  Alan

                  I agree, the RCAS meeting was really nice. I think we had a hell of a good sounding setup with both amps and I hope it opened peoples eyes to see how far class D has come in recent years. Thanks to all who came out and all the positive comments. If anyone would like more information on the amp I brought, feel free to ask.

                  Thanks,
                  Steven

                  --- In mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <godzilla56@...> wrote:

                  > The RCAS meeting last Saturday at Bjorn's was a lot of fun and a bit of a shocker (at least for me). Class D amplifiers have had a reputation of sounding "digital", edgy, harsh, poor imaging etc. This category of amplifiers has been developed considerable in recent years as companies look for ways to build less costly products and also meet consumer needs for 5 or seven channel home theater receivers and integrated amps. The two class D systems we listened to on Saturday were really good. If it had been a blind test I could not have guessed they were class D. We matched them with fine equipment, Focal bookshelfs, Sony SACD CD player, good interconnects & speakers wire. I think all in attendance will attest to my comments. The music sounded great!
                  >
                  > Anyway, I have posted some of Don's photos on the web site for your review. Enjoy and see you at the next meeting. I certainly enjoyed this one!
                  >
                  > Bob

                • Matt Solorio
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 7, 2012
                    Alan, awesome!

                    See you at 1.

                    ---Matt

                    Alan, would tomorrow (Saturday) around 1 work? If not, how about either the 22nd or 29th?

                    ---Matt

                    Just pick a day and time and let's get together
                    Alan

                    I agree, the RCAS meeting was really nice. I think we had a hell of a good sounding setup with both amps and I hope it opened peoples eyes to see how far class D has come in recent years. Thanks to all who came out and all the positive comments. If anyone would like more information on the amp I brought, feel free to ask.

                    Thanks,
                    Steven

                    --- In mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <godzilla56@...> wrote:

                    > The RCAS meeting last Saturday at Bjorn's was a lot of fun and a bit of a shocker (at least for me). Class D amplifiers have had a reputation of sounding "digital", edgy, harsh, poor imaging etc. This category of amplifiers has been developed considerable in recent years as companies look for ways to build less costly products and also meet consumer needs for 5 or seven channel home theater receivers and integrated amps. The two class D systems we listened to on Saturday were really good. If it had been a blind test I could not have guessed they were class D. We matched them with fine equipment, Focal bookshelfs, Sony SACD CD player, good interconnects & speakers wire. I think all in attendance will attest to my comments. The music sounded great!
                    >
                    > Anyway, I have posted some of Don's photos on the web site for your review. Enjoy and see you at the next meeting. I certainly enjoyed this one!
                    >
                    > Bob

                  • Matt Solorio
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 8, 2012
                      Bab, thanks for the overview of the last RCAS meeting. After talking with RCAS members my perception is that everyone looks forward to the meeting synopsis and pics (thanks Don).

                      Looking forward to the next meeting!

                      ---Matt