Steven's newest speaker build - Mark Audio Alpair 12P

  • vintagehifisteve
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2012
      Hey fellas,

      Just thought I'd share my latest speaker build with y'all. The build consists of Mark Fenlon's (of Mark Audio) top of the line full range single driver in "Pensil" enclosures. The driver uses a Japanese paper cone, as well as Japanese suspension. A non resonant plastic frame, and other goodies. I'm attaching a link to my build thread on Audio Karma. There you can find photos of my build, a video, and the finished product.

      ( http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=456237 )

      Overall I'm very happy with the way they sound, though the experimental finish didn't turn out as well as I would have hoped. In any case, it's about how they sound, not how they look, but even still they aren't too ugly. I'm currently starting the long 100hr break-in process and should have them fully broken in by the first weekend of August. If anyone would like to hear these, shoot me an email at Szaiontz@... and I'd be glad to let you come over and have a listen.

      Cheers,
      Steven Z.