July RCAS Meeting at Bjorns

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 19 6:02 PM
      Hi, Fellow Members:
      Just a reminder about the RCAS Meeting this Saturday at 1:00 pm at Bjorn's. Our topic is Powered Speakers and we hope everyone will bring at least one of their favorite cd's or SACD's to play.
      Matt: You are bringing a folding table for the equipment?
      Joe: You are bringing an extension cord/surge supressor?
      David: He had a last minute trip out of town, so he will not be with us, but I did pick up his Dynaudio speakers and Benchmark DAC today for everyone to hear - thanks again, David.
      John/Bob: David did not bring power cords for the speakers or the DAC and I don't have three extra power cords, so if you happen to have a heavy duty power cord laying around(or three), I would really appreciate your bringing them. The DAC uses a three pronged plug, but not sure about the speakers.
      Thanks to the above for their help and support; looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday and remember that jazz artist Paul Brown will be playing live and there will be food/drinks after our meeting at Bjorn's. Thanks as always to Bjorn for his hospitality!!

      Don
    • Matt Solorio
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 19 8:42 PM
        Don, absolutely.
        I hope to be there by 12:30. If earlier would be better just let me know. I am flexible.

        Looking forward to the meeting as always
        ---Matt

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 20 5:39 AM
          Yes,Don I am bringing a surge protector and a terminal strip. I can also bring the power cord I use with My Benchmark DAC plus the one that came with it.       Joe

        • ddisbennett@satx.rr.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 20 6:44 AM
            Thanks, Joe:

            Does the power cord from your DAC have the holes for three prongs on the DAC connector end? The power cords I have only have two holes for two prongs, so they won't work. That would be great if you could bring those.
            See you there.

            Don
            P.S. I got a new Denon 4311 receiver with Audyssey XT32 and it makes a substantial difference over the Audyssey XT on my previous receiver, plus it will stream 24/96 hi rez flac and wave files directly from my server/NAS. Works and sounds great!

          • ddisbennett@satx.rr.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 20 6:48 AM

            • ddisbennett@satx.rr.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 20 6:52 AM
                Hi, Matt:

                Thanks for your offer to help; I plan on being there a bit before 12:30, but technically the room is reserved starting at 12:30, so we may not be able to start setting up too much before that.
                Thanks for bringing the table and I'll see you tomorrow!

                Don