Re: Interested in Tekton speakers...

  • the_matching_mole
    Message 1 of 11 , May 12, 2011
      Thanks for the info, Steve. I'm eager to hear your speakers. Thanks for the offers for help and demonstrations; I'll be sure take you up on them.

      It was Dave Burgin who told me about this group (he had stopped by to look at some gear I'm trying to sell). He mentioned some challenges he's having with computer-based audio, and since I'm an Apple Certified Macintosh Technician, I said I'd be happy to get together over some beers and hash it out. Looks like this group has lots to offer; and I'd be happy to offer my Apple expertise to the group.
    • Steven Zaiontz
      Message 2 of 11 , May 12, 2011
        Awesome. I love Apple's originality in product design/features, but I
        just can't break away from my PC for some reason. I've given up on
        computer based audio for the most part. Even true lossless files
        don't compare to CD or vinyl quality in my opinion. We'll save that
        conversation for another day.

        I'm all for the integration of alcohol and audio. If anyone ever
        wants to meet up at Bombay down town or somewhere else let me know.
        Let's talk the talk and toss back a few while we're at it.

        Cheers,
        Steven

        Message 3 of 11 , May 12, 2011
          Oh man! does this mean I have to buy an Apple desktop to go with the iPhone and iPad I already have bluetooth to my stereo? LOL....Luther

          Message 4 of 11 , May 13, 2011
            Yes Luther, it's time you bought an Apple desktop. But don't worry, you get a free black turtleneck sweater with it, so you'll be cool like the rest of us ;-).

            Message 5 of 11 , May 13, 2011
              Oh, I could never be as cool as you. You are Mr. Cool Breeze...

              Message 6 of 11 , May 13, 2011
                I wanted to give a big "Thank You" to RCA member and Co-Founder, John Schurman, for his generosity in lending me his Dual 1219 turntable so that I can digitize about 50 old 78 rpm records that belonged to my parents. While picking up the turntable from John, I also got to see his unbelievable collection of vintage (and current) hi fi gear! I also got to listen to his Usher speakers with his Parasound bridged amps (600 wpc). I was quite impressed with them; this was the first time I had ever heard Usher speakers or Parasound amps. He also has a couple of beautiful vintage Marantz receivers, one of which has been fully restored and they are magnificent.
                Thanks again for the loan and for your hospitality!