Re: RCAS BBQ Success!!!

    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 5 4:41 PM
      Hi John,
      As usual, you're the perfect host! I had a great time, thanks again for opening your house for us- great party!
      .
      Ulises.
    • noflatsnosharps
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 16 2:25 PM
        Don,
        I have a set of Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 computer speakers I can bring. The satellites are spec'd @ 35watts/channel, and the sub is spec'd @ 50watts /130watts peak. Just let me know for sure.
        Lee

      • ddisbennett@satx.rr.com
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 16 2:55 PM
          Hi, Lee:

          Thanks for your kind offer. I am not familiar with your speakers, but they would need to connect to the preamp via either xlr or rca connectors. We are focusing on home audio/studio powered speakers, so if your speakers fit that description, please feel free to bring them and we will see what they sound like. We are going to cut this meeting a bit short so the members can listen to the live performers at Bjorn's that day(plus free food!).
          See you on Saturday, Lee.

          Don

        • noflatsnosharps
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 17 6:45 AM
            No biggie. I can bring them in for a later meeting.
            Lee

            --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, <ddisbennett@...> wrote:

            > Hi, Lee:
            >
            > Thanks for your kind offer. I am not familiar with your speakers, but they would need to connect to the preamp via either xlr or rca connectors. We are focusing on home audio/studio powered speakers, so if your speakers fit that description, please feel free to bring them and we will see what they sound like. We are going to cut this meeting a bit short so the members can listen to the live performers at Bjorn's that day(plus free food!).
            > See you on Saturday, Lee.
            >
            > Don
            > ---- noflatsnosharps <leemoreno@...> wrote:
            > > Don,
            > > I have a set of Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 computer speakers I can bring. The satellites are spec'd @ 35watts/channel, and the sub is spec'd @ 50watts /130watts peak. Just let me know for sure.
            > > Lee
            > >
            > > --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "Don Disbennett" <ddisbennett@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Matt/Fellow RCAS Members:
            > > >
            > > > Due to recent circumstances beyond my control, I had to schedule the July meeting at Bjorn’s on Saturday, July 21st, at 1:00 pm. I know some of you may have other commitments that day and I truly am sorry if you have to miss this meeting, but I couldn’t work it for the following weekend as I had hoped.
            > > > I hope as many of you as possible will come and please bring any new/special music that you have as this meeting will not be so much about the equipment and certainly will not be a “which is better” sort of meeting. Rather, we will just play several different types of powered speakers in a variety of price brackets to show what this category of speaker is about and then just play some great music for the rest of the meeting. Matt and David will be helping me, so even if I screw things up, they will set me straight!
            > > > Hope to see you all on the 21st at Bjorn’s, just Bjorn’s.
            > > >
            > > > Don

          • david weil
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 17 11:08 AM
              Hello Don,
              Unfortunately something has come up and I need to be in New York this weekend and won't be able to make it to Bjorns. I apologize for the short notice but you're still welcome to the Dyns, Dac and XLR cables for the meeting. Give me a call on my cell at 559-779-7029 or send me a message at dpgdave@... and we can arrange the hand-off.
              Best,
              Dave

              To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com
              From: leemoreno@...