Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] RCAS BBQ Success!!!

    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 30, 2012
      Thanks, Matt!  I appreciate your help.  I am trying to remember the RCA member who volunteered to bring his preamp and another who volunteered to bring his Dynaudio powered speakers.  If he sees this post, I hope he will remind me that he is the one who volunteered.

      Don

      Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 8:24 PM
      Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] RCAS BBQ Success!!!

      John, I agree with the prevailing sentiments. It really was a great BBQ and critical listening session! Thank you for opening your home for the occasion. I mentioned this to you toward the end of the day at the BBQ; however, it deserves repeating that the RCAS meetings and events are consistently fun, and popular. I believe due to the awesome people in the group, and in no small part due to the effort you and Bob put into starting the group, and into helping keep it together.
      In addition -- Don,  if I can help with the meeting prep please let me know. I think either of the Saturdays you mentioned is great.
      ----Matt

      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 2, 2012
        Hey Don, I'll be happy to bring the BM5A Dyns along to the meeting. I'll bring XLR cables, power cord and Benchmark Dac 1 to power them up. I've got about terrabyte of music on a laptop that I use as a source & can bring that as well. Let me know if you'll need any other gear. Either weekend will work for me.
        Looking forward to it.
        David

        To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com
        From: thudeets@...
        Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 18:24:13 -0700

      • ddisbennett@satx.rr.com
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 2, 2012
          Hi, David:

          I really appreciate your bringing the speakers, cables, DAC and laptop with music. Now if I can just find someone who can bring a folding table to put everything on. I don't have one, so we really need to find one of those. Maybe Matt can bring one if he owns one?
          Thanks guys! It looks like it will probably have to be on July 21st as I have company coming from out of town the following Saturday; I am waiting on confirmation that we can use the room at Bjorn's on that date.
          Thanks again, David.

          Don

        • ddisbennett@satx.rr.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 2, 2012

            ---- david weil <dpgdave@...> wrote:

            > Hey Don, I'll be happy to bring the BM5A Dyns along to the meeting. I'll bring XLR cables, power cord and Benchmark Dac 1 to power them up. I've got about terrabyte of music on a laptop that I use as a source & can bring that as well. Let me know if you'll need any other gear. Either weekend will work for me.
            > Looking forward to it.
            > David
            >

            > To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com
            > From: thudeets@...
            > Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 18:24:13 -0700
            > Subject: Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] RCAS BBQ Success!!!

            > John, I agree with the prevailing sentiments. It really was a great
            > BBQ and critical listening session! Thank you for opening your home
            > for the occasion. I mentioned this to you toward the end of the day at the BBQ;
            > however, it deserves repeating that the RCAS meetings and events are consistently
            > fun, and popular. I believe due to the awesome people in the group, and in no small part due
            > to the effort you and Bob put into starting the group, and into helping keep it together.
            >
            > In addition -- Don, if I can help with the
            > meeting prep please let me know. I think either of the Saturdays you mentioned is great.
            >
            > ----Matt

          • Matt Solorio
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 3, 2012
              Don, can do. Please keep me posted on the date.

              ----Matt

              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 3, 2012
                Matt/Fellow RCAS Members:

                Due to recent circumstances beyond my control, I had to schedule the July meeting at Bjorn’s on Saturday, July 21st, at 1:00 pm.  I know some of you may have other commitments that day and I truly am sorry if you have to miss this meeting, but I couldn’t work it for the following weekend as I had hoped.
                I hope as many of you as possible will come and please bring any new/special music that you have as this meeting will not be so much about the equipment and certainly will not be a “which is better” sort of meeting.  Rather, we will just play several different types of powered speakers in a variety of price brackets to show what this category of speaker is about and then just play some great music for the rest of the meeting.  Matt and David will be helping me, so even if I screw things up, they will set me straight!
                Hope to see you all on the 21st at Bjorn’s, just Bjorn’s.

                Don

                Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 12:22 PM

                Don, can do. Please keep me posted on the date.

                ----Matt

                I really appreciate your bringing the speakers, cables, DAC and laptop with music. Now if I can just find someone who can bring a folding table to put everything on. I don't have one, so we really need to find one of those. Maybe Matt can bring one if he owns one?
                Thanks guys! It looks like it will probably have to be on July 21st as I have company coming from out of town the following Saturday; I am waiting on confirmation that we can use the room at Bjorn's on that date.
                Thanks again, David.

                Don
                ---- david weil <mailto:dpgdave%40hotmail.com> wrote:

                > Hey Don, I'll be happy to bring the BM5A Dyns along to
                the meeting. I'll bring XLR cables, power cord and Benchmark Dac 1 to power them up. I've got about terrabyte of music on a laptop that I use as a source & can bring that as well. Let me know if you'll need any other gear. Either weekend will work for me.
                > Looking forward to it.
                > David
                >

                > To:
                href="mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com" rel=nofollow target=_blank ymailto="mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:rivercityaudiosociety%40yahoogroups.com

                From: mailto:thudeets%40yahoo.com

                Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 18:24:13 -0700

                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 5, 2012
                  Hi John,
                  As usual, you're the perfect host! I had a great time, thanks again for opening your house for us- great party!
                  .
                  Ulises.
                • noflatsnosharps
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 16, 2012
                    Don,
                    I have a set of Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 computer speakers I can bring. The satellites are spec'd @ 35watts/channel, and the sub is spec'd @ 50watts /130watts peak. Just let me know for sure.
                    Lee

                  • ddisbennett@satx.rr.com
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 16, 2012
                      Hi, Lee:

                      Thanks for your kind offer. I am not familiar with your speakers, but they would need to connect to the preamp via either xlr or rca connectors. We are focusing on home audio/studio powered speakers, so if your speakers fit that description, please feel free to bring them and we will see what they sound like. We are going to cut this meeting a bit short so the members can listen to the live performers at Bjorn's that day(plus free food!).
                      See you on Saturday, Lee.

                      Don

                    • noflatsnosharps
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 17, 2012
                        No biggie. I can bring them in for a later meeting.
                        Lee

                        --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, <ddisbennett@...> wrote:

                        > Hi, Lee:
                        >
                        > Thanks for your kind offer. I am not familiar with your speakers, but they would need to connect to the preamp via either xlr or rca connectors. We are focusing on home audio/studio powered speakers, so if your speakers fit that description, please feel free to bring them and we will see what they sound like. We are going to cut this meeting a bit short so the members can listen to the live performers at Bjorn's that day(plus free food!).
                        > See you on Saturday, Lee.
                        >
                        > Don
                        > ---- noflatsnosharps <leemoreno@...> wrote:
                        > > Don,
                        > > I have a set of Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 computer speakers I can bring. The satellites are spec'd @ 35watts/channel, and the sub is spec'd @ 50watts /130watts peak. Just let me know for sure.
                        > > Lee
                        > >
                        > > --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "Don Disbennett" <ddisbennett@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Matt/Fellow RCAS Members:
                        > > >
                        > > > Due to recent circumstances beyond my control, I had to schedule the July meeting at Bjorn’s on Saturday, July 21st, at 1:00 pm. I know some of you may have other commitments that day and I truly am sorry if you have to miss this meeting, but I couldn’t work it for the following weekend as I had hoped.
                        > > > I hope as many of you as possible will come and please bring any new/special music that you have as this meeting will not be so much about the equipment and certainly will not be a “which is better” sort of meeting. Rather, we will just play several different types of powered speakers in a variety of price brackets to show what this category of speaker is about and then just play some great music for the rest of the meeting. Matt and David will be helping me, so even if I screw things up, they will set me straight!
                        > > > Hope to see you all on the 21st at Bjorn’s, just Bjorn’s.
                        > > >
                        > > > Don

                      • david weil
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 17, 2012
                          Hello Don,
                          Unfortunately something has come up and I need to be in New York this weekend and won't be able to make it to Bjorns. I apologize for the short notice but you're still welcome to the Dyns, Dac and XLR cables for the meeting. Give me a call on my cell at 559-779-7029 or send me a message at dpgdave@... and we can arrange the hand-off.
                          Best,
                          Dave

                          To: rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com
                          From: leemoreno@...