Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] Desert Island Discs

    Message 1 of 14 , May 29, 2012
      Turntable is a 1980 Yamaha PX-2 , see here for details : http://www.vinylengine.com/library.shtml  Cartridge is a Benz Micro Ace H moving coil , a Herbie's Audio platter mat and vibration damper/record weight . Promitheus Audio reference C core transformer volume control , kit-built modified first generation Welborne Labs Moondog 2A3 triode single-ended monoblock power amps , Klipsch RF-5 floorstanders with upgraded parts in crossovers and internal wire replaced with single strand OCC copper,teflon insulated from VH Audio. Mapleshade Excaliber with plus IC's to power amps, and most recent purchase was an Equi=tech balanced AC power supply following a ZeroSurge TSC surge protector. Very clean sound, not too much hum for tube amps. Can't hear it when the music's playing . I'm waiting until I get my last purchase paid off before I get the Ray Samuels F-117 phono preamp I want. Digital from a cheap bluray player coax to Benchmark DAC-1, balanced out cable from : http://www.clairvoyantcables.com/index.html        It's their wire I use for speaker cables .
      I hope this answer wasn't overkill .                                        P.S. Adele bluray at Royal Albert Hall puts you in the concert with my sound and Panasonic Plama. Come check it out.     Joe