Re: [rivercityaudiosociety] C-Horn CNC full range horn

    Message 1 of 8 , May 14 5:37 AM
      While I'm not in the market for a new speaker I'd love to hear these, if built , and would be willing to contribute   $100 toward their cost. Are the plans scalable to different size drivers? My vision is 10" Audio Nirvana Alnico.     Joe Bohan

      Message 2 of 8 , May 15 11:08 AM
        I am interested. Love to be involved with this.

        --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, "wardsweb" <wardsweb@...> wrote:

        > No the full range speaker project is not dead. Things have been moving along in the background. Which brings us to the latest on the project; Creation Audio's C-Horn. While you can buy this speaker made in Australia, it is quite expensive. The good news is company's owner, Andrew Tilsley, does sell the plans. We can get fully dimensioned drawings and CNC/CAD files. I have created a C-Horn photo album with several pictures of the speakers made in different material and finishes. There is also a picture showing how the CNC'd parts stack to the make the speaker.
        >
        > My question to the members, "is this something you would be interested in?" If some of us would like to have a pair of these, we could split the cost of the plans (few hundred) and have the pieces CNC'd at the same time and save some money.

      • dpgdave
        Message 3 of 8 , May 15 11:29 AM
          Ya same here. Looks very cool!

          Message 4 of 8 , May 15 2:18 PM
            What does it appear the actual speaker mount heighth would be? What size driver? I have seen the full range SEAS, 8" seem to have great response specs.

            Message 5 of 8 , May 15 2:37 PM
              I haven't seen the actual design specs but given a driver size of 8" it would stand just over 5 feet tall. They have been built using Lowther DX3, Fostex 206en, and Visaton b200 that I know of.