Re: Fun & Games Not Relevant to the RCAS

  • Steven Zaiontz
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 26, 2012
      This is very suspicious indeed. Game or not it shouldn't be taken lightly.  Compromised security on anyone's computer is a real problem and should be dealt with in a timely and serious manner.  I personally have had my information compromised and identity stolen multiple times within the last 3  years.  Crazy, right!?

      It's good practice to routinely change your passwords and keep a close eye on any outgoing mail or suspicious activity on your computer (moved icons, random programs opening, random prompts, etc.)  This will help,maintain a healthy computer and maintain a minimal risk.  Seems this kind of thing is hitting home for us SA guys.  Run a tight ship fellas.

      -Steven

      P.S.  What do you guys think about a Class D meeting?  I've got a couple Class D amplifiers, and I know a few other members do as well.  I recently ordered an ICEPower module based amplifier which is the same module used in Wyred4Sound amps, Jeff Rowland, Bel Canto, and a few others.  Could be an interesting topic and a real eye opener to the dark side of audio which is Class D. It could also save you money on your electric bill. :)

      Cheers!

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 26, 2012
        Steven. I dont take this lightly, but nor is my hair on fire (thats a joke of sorts). It happens to us all sooner or later. "Someone" hacked my email and sent a bunch of messages to everyone in my address book including all the RCAS I expect. Of course I will take the usual actions. Like most of us I take the proper precautions but there are some determined people out there doing this sort of thing.
        Bob

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 27, 2012
          Good morning, Bob and Steven:

          Sorry, but I haven’t a clue what you guys are talking about.  As far as I know, Bob, I haven’t gotten any suspicious emails from you or any other RCAS member lately.  Of course, in the past, we got that “request for money”, ostensibly from Alan, but that was a while back.  I guess I didn’t get the messages you are talking about.  I do know that my ex-wife has had to shut down to different email accounts, the last one just this month, due to hackers getting in and sending emails to everyone in her contact list.  It also happened to me a couple of months ago, but luckily nothing bad came of it...it was more annoying than anything.
          As for Steven’s suggestion about having a Class D meeting, I think that would be interesting.  Bob, also, don’t forget my suggestion to have a powered speaker meeting.
          Have a great weekend, my friends.

          Don

          Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:03 PM

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 28, 2012
            This really isn't tied to spam but I'm always thinking that this group would be better served on Facebook than Yahoo groups. Pictures and threads would be much more organized. I know this was discussed before but this is kinda way behind in format.

            Steve

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 29, 2012
              I'm slow to adapt to new stuff. I tried Facebook 3 weeks and then killed it. Useless for me. Go on without me.

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 29, 2012
                Joseph, Steve:
                I am willing to go with whatever the Society decides regarding the reoccurring Facebook versus Yahoo issue. That said after hearing comments and talking to members who believe they have a level of privacy on Yahoo that they would not have on Facebook, I perceive that to be an issue.
                In addition, while I do not purport to be a social networking guru, it seems contradictory and counterproductive to the purpose of social networking if a move to Facebook means the loss of input from even so much as one member; especially one who would regularly attend meetings, and  otherwise actively contribute to the overall health of the organization. Just a thought
                ---Matt

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 30, 2012
                  Hey guys,

                  Personally, I'm fine with Facebook but I can see how some of you would not want to tie that in with personal information. I also think this forum/group thing is somewhat lacking but is currently working for us. I know Luther is a website whiz-bang, maybe he has any ideas of an official RCAS website. Possibly with our own real mini-forum there. I don't think websites are too terribly expensive to host, and I believe it would be a great thing for us to have all of our members feel safe in a controlled environment. What do you guys think? Should we have our own website with centralized group information and forum? My vote is yes.

                  Cheers,
                  Steven Z

                  P.S. Rivercityaudiosociety.com is available.

                  --- In rivercityaudiosociety@yahoogroups.com, Matt Solorio <thudeets@...> wrote:

                  > Joseph, Steve:
                  > am willing to go with whatever the Society decides regarding the reoccurring Facebook versus Yahoo
                  > issue. That said after hearing comments and talking to members who believe they
                  > have a level of privacy on Yahoo that they would not have on Facebook, I
                  > perceive that to be an issue.
                  > In
                  > addition, while I do not purport to be a social networking guru, it seems
                  > contradictory and counterproductive to the purpose of social networking if a
                  > move to Facebook means the loss of input from even so much as one member; especially one who would regularly attend meetings, and  otherwise actively contribute to the overall
                  > health of the organization. Just a thought
                  > ---Matt

                • Steve Surbaugh
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 30, 2012
                    Sounds like a very good upgrade.