An afternoon of tunes at the Ward shack.

  • wardsweb
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 9:14 PM
      David stopped by and we spent the afternoon listening to different systems and talking audio. From room shaking home theater to horns and cardboard speakers boxes, it was a real mixed bag of stuff. All in all, a great time and a lot of fun sharing this passion we call audio.

      David we'll have to do this again. Next time bring some of your music and your Naim gear. We can try different configurations and learn as we go.
    • dpgdave
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2 9:04 AM
        Ward,
        Watching Tron on your Jubilee fronted Home Theater was an incredible experience! Your DIY speakers that you fine tuned to your tastes were unsurprisingly to my specific tastes also--- Really, I can't imagine anyone not finding your Altec/JBL DIY speakers to they're liking. They are the bomb.
        I've been interested in Horns since first hearing a Heritage series Klipsch speaker. I narrowed down the models until I found my preference in the La Scala-great open, airy, fast mids and highs but they just couldn't do bass justice.
        With your Altec horns I heard those mids and highs that I loved in the old Klipsch, only bigger, more open, so much better... and though I was skeptical that the a conventional bass driver wouldn't keep up with the horns, the JBL driver did a fine job. The speakers are down right complete with the danamics of a live performance and studio clarity. So cool and such a treat!
        We have to do it again and we have to go for Thai food next time (Sunday closed).
        I'm still feeling confident in my Naim electronics and I'll bring them some with me next time to throw into the mix just for kicks.
        Best to all,
        David